Free Consultation: (757) 838-1136Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jan F Hoen

Jan F Hoen

Hampton Injury Law PLC, Your Personal Lawyer on the Peninsula
  • Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, Medical Malpractice
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mr. Hoen resides in Hampton and has been practicing since 1989 throughout the state and federal courts of Virginia. His practice focuses on representing injury victims. He has recovered millions for his clients and is actively involved in his church and community. His fee is never more than his client receives as a net recovery after all of their bills and liens are paid.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
    Regardless of whether or not I am retained, I will provide valuable assistance through a professional case evaluation, free of charge.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, E.D. Va.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Hampton Injury Law PLC
University of Richmond School of Law
J.D. (1989)
Activities: Worked for two years while in law school as intern at Office of the Attorney General, Criminal Appeals Section.
University of Richmond School of Law Logo
Roanoke College
(1986) Criminal Justice
Honors: Magna Cum Laude Senior Scholar for Criminal Justice Major
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers
10 Best Rating in Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Board of Regents
The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys looks for Attorneys that have achieved unparalleled success but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client. We compile an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each State. Very few Attorneys can do so and our organization recognizes this significant achievement.
Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia
Coastal Virginia Magazine
AV Rating - Preeminent
Martindale Hubbell
highest possible peer rating in areas of personal injury, litigation, and worker's compensation
Superb rating
Highest rating, based on experience, industry recognition and professional conduct.
Trust Seal
Lead Counsel
Verified experience and peer recommended in fields of personal injury, worker's compensation and medical malpractice
Professional Associations
American Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Hampton Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia State Bar # 30162
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Hampton Injury Law PLC
Legal Answers
144 Questions Answered

Q. My teenage son was in a wreck where one friend died. Should he get a lawyer?
A: If he suffered a physical injury, he would have a claim for compensation. Absent an injury, there is probably not a legally cognizable claim.
Q. Can doctors in Virginia be sued for malpractice? I was told I can't because VA is a commonwealth.
A: You were told wrong. Obtain all medical records and see an experienced medical malpractice attorney for review by a medical expert.
Q. i was in a auto accident my lawyer has filed no court papers in 2 half years switched lawyers on me 3 times
A: Speak with the attorney first. If he or she has missed filing suit before the statute of limitations has run, they need to report the matter to their malpractice insurance carrier.
Q. My husband fell on vacation, not at work, and got spinal cord injury. Can I file ‘worker comp’?
A: No. That is not a work injury.
Q. If I forget to include documentation for my personal injury claim, like an expert affidavit, will the court let me add
A: There is insufficient information to answer this question in the abstract. Expert testimony is not admissible by affidavit absent a statutory exception to the hearsay rule. In General District Court, for example, medical records and reports may be submitted via affidavit. If your case is in litigation, it would be advisable to retain counsel as soon as possible.
Q. I have a relative who was injured on job 6 months ago and major surgery was required.
A: If pay is less due to medical restrictions, a claim for temporary partial disability may be available. There is not really enough information provided in your question without review of the medical records. Failure to work available light duty will be a problem. The person needs to find a way to commute to the job (share a ride, public transportation, accommodation by employer, etc.). Loss of income for two weeks may not be enough of a claim to justify retaining an attorney, unless there is some permanent impairment.
Q. is being involved in a accident misconduct 60.2-618( 2), unknowing to myself of any said company policy?
A: Your question does not provide enough information. Meet with an attorney to discuss the details.
Q. If my employer won't let me fill out workers' compensation paperwork after an injury, can I sue them?
A: No. But you can file a claim yourself. See the Work Injury Guide at the hampton workers comp website for assistance.
Q. Can workers comp deny my claim of a broken bone when it was not broke before?
A: They can deny and you would need to file a claim for benefits. I notice that your address is in MD. If the injury occurred in Virginia, my website has a work injury guide that will assist you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Hampton Injury Law PLC
2214 Executive Drive
Suite C
Hampton, VA 23666
Telephone: (757) 838-1136
Cell: (757) 759-8791
Fax: (757) 838-1125