Free Consultation: (402) 551-5540Tap to Call This Lawyer
James Polack

James Polack

James Polack, P.C.
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Collections ...
  • Iowa, Nebraska
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I practice primarily in the areas of real estate law, probate, estate planning , guardianship, conservatorship and debt collection. I am conveniently located in mid-town near the court houses in Omaha.

I am a 1995 graduate of Creighton Law School, Cum Laude, and have been in solo practice most of the time since, working primarily in the state courts in Omaha and Sarpy County, and doing appellate work at the Nebraska Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.

I previously served in the United States Marine Corps and managed computer facilities for McDonnell Douglas, prior to my legal career.

I am always looking forward to meeting new clients and finding new challenges in the legal profession.

Practice Areas
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation for debt collection cases.
  • Contingent Fees
    Fee depends on particulars of case. Most debt collection work done on contingency plus costs.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
8th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
James Polack, P.C.
Polack, Woolley &Troia, P.C.
Team Leader, Technical Support/User Support, Comp. Facility Mgr.
McDonell Douglas
Computer facility manager, team leader, technical support and user support centers, Long Beach, CA and Huntington Beach, CA.
Marine Security Guard, Mainframe Computer Ops
United State Marine Corps
Marine Security Guard, Jerusalem, Israel 1982-1983, Diplomatic Security, Security details for Jimmy Carter, George Shultz, etc. Marine Security Guard, Port au Prince, Haiti, 1981-1982, Diplomatic Security
University of San Francisco
B.S. | Information System Management
University of San Francisco Logo
Creighton University
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
2 Good Conduct Awards, 2 Meritorious Masts, 1 Meritorious Unit Commendation
Professional Associations
Nebraska State Bar  # 20768
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Iowa Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Eight Circuit Court of Appeals
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
US District Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
US Bankruptcy Court
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
AV Rating
Martindale Hubbell
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. Whose responsible for a collapsed sewer line discovered two days after moving in my newly purchased home?
A: If the Seller knew of the problem and failed to disclose, they can be found liable in court, pending proof, etc. Nebraska law provides attorney fees in some circumstances, and if the Buyer is sucessfull, and if the case is filed within a year of purchase or possesion, depending which was first. She should be contacting an attorney as soon as possible.
Q. If the executor of the will refuses to provide it and keeps all the estate proceeds, what can be done legally?
A: There's not enough information here to provide an exact answer. What can be done depends on what assets would pass under the grandparent's Wills, how long ago they died, the values of the real estate and the personal property, and other factors as well.

The first thing your mother needs to do is actually meet in person with an attorney for a formal interview about the facts regarding the grandparents' estates to determine what, if anything, can be done now.f

Any other response in an online forum like this would probably just be speculation.
Q. My mom is deceased I am executer of her will how do I file the will with the state of nebraska so I can sell her house
A: In some cases, a probate case has to be filed in court but not in all cases. You should consult an attorney in person, who works in probate, or in real estate, or both, for guidance. The attorney should review the Will, the relevant real estate records, and any other relevant info before opining on exactly what will be needed.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
James Polack, PC, LLO
The Law Center
3814 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68131
Telephone: (402) 551-5540
Fax: (402) 551-1377