James A. L. BuddenbaumParr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse LLP
- Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning ...
JAMES A.L. BUDDENBAUM is a partner with the Indianapolis office of Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse LLP, where he concentrates in corporate law, acquisitions, business transactions, utility, real estate, employment, and complex insurance, and other business litigation.
Mr. Buddenbaum is experienced in representing all types of utilities—electric generation and transmission utilities, rural distribution cooperatives, sewer, water, gas and telecommunications utilities—before the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission and state and federal courts. He regularly negotiates large energy, utility and other business asset sale and purchase agreements and real estate transactions. He has successfully presented more than one hundred zoning and land use matters in dozens of counties and cities throughout the state of Indiana for wireless service providers.
Mr. Buddenbaum also represents utilities in condemnation/eminent domain litigation. Mr. Buddenbaum's industry and community responsibility is reflected in his representation of unique and innovative renewable energy utilities, including his work with a sewer system utilizing self-sustaining wetland technology and landfills which sell their methane by-product to direct and indirect users.
Mr. Buddenbaum has many years of experience representing municipalities in a variety of matters and has been involved in representing clients in blood banking issues for more than 15 years.
Mr. Buddenbaum has litigated large-document, complex commercial utility, bankruptcy and insurance matters. He practices before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Business Litigation
- Complex Insurance
- Corporate Law
- Utility Law
- 7th Circuit
- Federal Courts in Indiana
- Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse LLP
- - Current
- Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis
- J.D. | Law
- Indiana University
- Honored for his work in Business & Corporate Law
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Demonstrative Evidence
- Indiana Continuing Education Forum
- James A. L. Buddenbaum's Website Profile
- Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse LLP Website
- Indiana Business Lawyer Blog
- Interception of Hospital’s Internal Radio Transmission of Patient Private Health Information by Reporter Does Not Constitute Invasion of Privacy
February 13, 2023
- Indiana Utility Law – Bender Enterprises, LLC v. Duke Energy, LLC, 22A-PL-1230 (Ind. Ct. App. 2022)
February 8, 2023
- Indiana Utility Law – Ind. Office of Utility Consumer Counselor v. Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co., 22S-EX-00166 (Ind. 2023)
January 26, 2023
- Indiana Injury Lawyer Blog