Free Consultation: (330) 456-6454Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Jacob T. Will

Jacob T. Will, Attorney at Law
  • Appeals & Appellate, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • Landlord Tenant
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Jacob T. Will, Attorney at Law
- Current
University of Akron
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude
University of Akron Logo
Seton Hall University
B.A. | Political Science; English
Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Seton Hall University Logo
Professional Associations
Stark County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Is there mandatory prison time for carrying a concealed weapon in ohio?
A: There is not mandatory prison time for a violation of R.C. 2923.12. Without having more information regarding your charge, you should know that there are several levels of this offense, ranging from misdemeanor to felony charges. You should contact a local attorney for help defending this charge, as there are several affirmative defenses that can be asserted on your behalf.
Q. I found out i have a warrant for unpaid fines,when i pay the fine will they drop the warrant?
A: You should first contact the Clerk of Courts regarding your warrant. It is possible that payment of the fines and costs will result in a cancellation of the warrant. However, some local courts still may require an appearance to fully clear the warrant. Contact the Clerk's Office prior to making any payment.
Q. My husband got a ovi and was no read his rights what should he do
A: If your husband was charged with an OVI the first thing he should do is contact and retain an attorney. After a careful review of the facts and circumstances of the stop and arrest of your husband, the attorney will be in a better position to discuss the specifics of his case, including whether the failure to read his rights will have a significant impact on his case.
Q. I have a serious legal question ?????
A: You should contact a local attorney to assist you in this matter. You may be facing criminal charges regarding the marijuana, and depending on the amount that was found you could be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony. Regarding the money that was taken, there will likely be a civil forfeiture action filed against you by the local Prosecutor's Office. Retaining an attorney will be your best bet in having your money returned to you.
Q. What is the charge for saying someone raped you and thay didnt
A: Depending on the situation surrounding where the statement was made and under what circumstances, this could be charged as Perjury, Falsification, or potentially Obstructing Official Business or Obstructing Justice.
Q. My son was charged with a felony, no jail time just 2 years probation. Will that stay on his record forever?
A: Depending on the charge that he was convicted of, and depending on his prior criminal record, he may be eligible to have the conviction sealed after the appropriate period of time. Ohio law requires that all the terms and conditions of the sentence be completed before an offender is eligible for a sealing of his or her record.
Q. What is the punishment for disrupting public service?
A: Disrupting Public Services is a violation of O.R.C. 2909.04. The offense is categorized as a Felony of the Fourth Degree. Current sentencing law provides that the maximum penalty for a conviction of this offense carries a prison term of 6 to 18 months of incarceration. However, there are many sentencing factors that may make probation an option.
Q. I have a warrant for unpaid fines,if I pay the fine will they drop the warrant?
A: It is certainly possible that the court that issued the warrant could drop it if the fines and court costs are paid. However, you should call the Clerk of Courts at the issuing court prior to paying any money to confirm that the warrant will be recalled or canceled if the outstanding balance is paid in full. Some courts may still require you to appear in person to explain your lack of payment to a judge or magistrate.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
116 Cleveland Ave NW
Suite 808
Canton, OH 44702
Telephone: (330) 456-6454