Free Consultation: (214) 302-8197Tap to Call This Lawyer
Isaac Shutt

Isaac Shutt

Dallas, Texas wills, estate, probate, fiduciary litigation attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Isaac Shutt focuses his law practice on Wills, Legal Trust creation, Probate Law, and help with Estates, primarily in Dallas County and Collin County Texas. He is passionate about assisting families with the necessary legal process to distribute property after the death of a family member. Mr. Shutt genuinely cares for every client and strives to make Wills, Probate, and Estate Administration as affordable and simple as possible.

Mr. Shutt’s Qualifications And Memberships:
Isaac Shutt is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.

Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, juris doctor, Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Law Section
Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
Member, Collin County Bar Association
President-Elect, Probate Section, Collin County Bar Association
Attorney ad litem appointment list in Dallas County and Collin County Probate Courts
Past President, Richardson Community Band
Concert Chair / Vice-President, Richardson Community Band
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Richardson Alumni Association
Member, Murphy Chamber of Commerce
Personal Details About Mr. Shutt:
Mr. Shutt is a Christian and part of the community of Dallas Bible Church.

Outside of the law practice, Isaac enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and his three young sons, Dean, Vaughn and Duke. Isaac is also Vice-President of the Richardson Community Band. Other interests include woodworking, motorcycle riding, working on cars, traveling, and sports (especially the SMU Mustangs). Click here to read more about Mr. Shutt’s hobbies.

Mr. Shutt was raised in Wichita, Kansas. He attended Southern Methodist University for both undergraduate and law degrees.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Fiduciary Litigation
  • Guardianship
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Shutt Law Firm uses Flat-Rate Attorney Fees for many Probate Cases and for Wills
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24071203
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Southern Methodist University
Southern Methodist University Logo
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar College
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Top Troubles with “DIY” Wills
Headnotes (Dallas Bar)
Speaking Engagements
Panelist, North Texas Probate Bench Bar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. Is it legal to claim an over inflated value of an estate on the application to Probate?
A: That is highly suspicious. You should talk to a probate attorney in your area, ASAP! That is not at all normal to state in the application that the value is high but then state in the inventory is $0. Something is definitely not right.
Q. Father passed over 1 yr. His sister is allegedly executor. A will has not been file to date, what are my options.
A: Your aunt is not technically the executor until the will has gone to court for probate. In order to probate the will, Texas law requires that you have an attorney. If your aunt does not take the will to court for probate soon, then you can initiate the process yourself. I highly recommend talking with a probate attorney in your area to see the most affordable and easiest option to get your father's property transferred to you. I wouldn't wait forever for your aunt to act, because she does not have the same incentive as you to get this done quickly.
Q. My mom left real estate investment to me in her will. Does that go to estate first, or to me?
A: I agree that the will does have to go to court (to be probated). There is a special type of probate called "Probate as a Muniment of Title Only." This is a version of probate where the property WOULD automatically transfer to you immediately at the probate hearing. Your best bet is to consult with a probate attorney. The cost is usually less than people assume.
Q. .y father died without a will. How do I know if I can just do a small estate affidavit or if I have to go thru probate.
A: If there's a will, you cannot do a Small Estate Affidavit. You will need to do a will probate.
Q. My father passed away and he was married to my stepmother There is no will Am I entitled to anything
A: YES! You are entitled to property. In fact, under Texas Law you're probably entitled to receive more of your father's property than your stepmother. Reach out to a probate attorney as soon as possible to schedule a consultation meeting so that your inheritance rights are preserved.
Q. Can I take the Executor to court if hes not doing things correctly?
A: I will add that there is good Texas Law that establishes that it is not a "will contest" to challenge wrongdoing by the executor. Definitely talk with a probate attorney to see what you can do. If it has been 15 months, it would be a good idea to do the Demand for Accounting.
Q. The executor of our will is saying that he does not to show us any paperwork except the will. We asked to see the pape
A: Terry is correct. However, you should also take a look at the will. A lot of times, the will states that the beneficiaries are allowed to request an accounting. If the will says you can request an accounting, then you can request an accounting from the executor at any time. If the will does not say that you can request an accounting, then you have to wait 15 months from the hearing date before you can request a hearing.
Q. How do I remove my deceased parent's name from deed then add my name?
A: I agree with the prior answer. See, if you start putting money into the house, what if your mother doesn't give you the house (upon her death or when she moves out)? If she doesn't then, are you okay with the thought that you may lose all that money you put into the house? If the answer is yes, then keep doing what you're doing. If the answer is no, you may want to be careful about how much money you put into the house. Also, to get title in her name 100%, you need to do a probate. This will require you to get a probate attorney. Many probate attorneys offer free or inexpensive consultation meetings. Probates are pretty straightforward for probate attorneys to do, so you may pleasantly surprised at how easy and inexpensive it is to get the property 100% transferred to your mother's name.
Q. Can an executor sell a property w/o consent of all beneficiaries listed as "tenants in common"
A: Your suspicion is in fact correct; the purchase agreement needs all of the property owners to sign. Without that, the contract is only binding on the 2 people who did sign. So, if the 2 non-signing people decline to approve the sale, that could put the 2 signing people in breach of contract.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Shutt Law Firm, PLLC
1701 Gateway Blvd
Suite 333
Richardson, TX 75080
Telephone: (214) 302-8197
Fax: (214) 382-9437