Attorney and Lawyer Gary Kollin is an expert and specialist in criminal defense law, criminal appeals law and police misconduct law. Gary handles cases in ALL state and federal trial and appeals courts. Gary Kollin handles all levels of cases from petty theft to first degree murder and well as all federal charges including drug trafficking and continuing criminal enterprises. Gary Kollin is one of a few lawyers who specialize in police misconduct cases. He represents people who have been mistreated by being falsely arrested, illegally searched, and being victims of police beatings. These cases are also known as civil rights and 1983 cases. Gary Kollin argued in the United State Supreme Court in the case of Smith v. United States, 508 U.S. 223 (1993). The justices of the Supreme Court appointed him to represent John Angus Smith. There are only 80 cases a year for the entire nation argued in the Supreme Court. Gary Kollin sued the Sheriff for keeping people in jail after they were found not guilty. The Sheriff had to pay over a million dollars in a class action case, Jones v. Sheriff, 9 Fla. L. Weekly Fed. D109 (S.D. Fla. 1995). The federal judge ordered the Sheriff to stop holding people in jail when they were not guilty. The Sheriff must now let the innocent leave from out of the courtroom. He is Martindale-Hubbell AV rated, rated 10 by AVVO and selected as a Leading Florida Attorney in the area of Felonies and Misdemeanor Defense Law by the American Research Corporation. He is rated a Super Lawyer in the areas of criminal defense, criminal appellate and civil rights law by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Civil Rights
- Appeals & Appellate
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- White Collar Crime
- Police Misconduct, Brutality and False Arrest
- Police Brutality
- Car Accidents
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Personal injury, police misconduct, and false arrest cases among others
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Hourly and flat fee rates are available in criminal trial and appellate law
- 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- US District Court - Middle District of Florida
- US District Court - Northern District of Florida
- US District Court - Southern District of Florida
- English: Spoken, Written
- Chief Litigation & Appellate Lawyer
- Gary Kollin, P.A.
- - Current
- Field Counsel
- Florida Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- From mid 1985 to mid 1987, I served as the South Florida Chief of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. As its Chief, I supervised Special Agents charged with the responsibility of investigating health care providers for Medicaid fraud and for abuse of patients. The health care providers included doctors, nursing homes, and pharmacists. The investigations often required undercover work, witness interviews, computer analyses, or a combination of these investigative techniques
- Assistant State Attorney
- State Attorney's Office of Broward County Florida
- From 1982 to 1985, I was an assistant state attorney in the Broward County State Attorney's Office. I served in the case filing (intake) and felony trial divisions and prosecuted a wide range of felonies
- Assistant Public Defender
- Public Defender's Office of Broward County Florida
- From 1979 to 1981, I served as an assistant public defender in Broward County and represented indigents (including juveniles) charged with all levels of crimes. I also handled cases before the court of appeal
- Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
- Peter Bent Brigham Hospital Boston Massacusetts
- I developed and programmed an information management and database system written in Fortran IV Plus for a radiology department.
- University of Miami School of Law
- J.D | Law
- Harvard University
- B.A | Biology
- Rated a Super Lawyer in the areas of Appellate Law, Criminal Defense Law, and Civil Rights Law
- Super Lawyers Magazine
- Membership is limited to trial lawyers throughout the United States who have won a verdict or settlement of $1,000,000.00 or more)
- Million Dollars Advocates Forum
- AV RATING
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating
- Rating 10 - Highest
- Florida State Bar # 282431
- - Current
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- - Current
- The Florda Bar Criminal Law Certification Committee
- Grade Reviewer
- Activities: I was appointed a grade reviewer in the years 1999, 1994, 2008, and 2011 to determine if the examination grades of certain applicants for criminal law certification were properly calculated.
- The Florida Bar
- Fee Arbitration Committee
- Activities: As a member of the Fee Arbitration Committee I participated in the review of complaints regarding fees charged by members of The Florida Bar and arbitrated the claims.
- The Florida Bar
- Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- Activities: This Committee investigates the unlicensed practice of law by non-lawyers and makes recommendations regarding prosecution of these indivduals to the prosecution unit of The Florida Bar.
- To File or Not To File, That is the Question
- The Florida Court Reporter
- Post Acquittal Detention: Go Directly Back To Jail After Acquittal
- Florida Defender Magazine of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
....MEET GARY KOLLIN CIVIL RIGHTS POLICE MISCONDUCT ATTORNEY
MEET GARY KOLLIN CIVIL RIGHTS POLICE MISCONDUCT ATTORNEY We talked to Mr. Kollin and he verified he does in fact take these type of cases. https://southfloridacorruption.com/Police-Misconduct-Lawyers/ Areas of Practice False Arrest Police Misconduct Civil...Attorney Gary Kollin discusses how probable cause affects false arrest and civil rights lawsuits
....Attorney Gary Kollin discusses time issues in Florida police misconduct lawsuits
....Attorney Gary Kollin discusses civil rights and constitutional rights lawsuits
....Attorney Gary Kollin discusses lawsuits for malicious prosecution
....Attorney Gary Kollin discusses whether you can sue for false arrest
....Kodak Black Banned From South Carolina After Sex Charge Arrest
Gary Kollin represents rapper Kodak BlackPolice brutality Florida 2015 06 09 10 11 09
Gary Kollin discusses his client who had been beaten in jail by a guard on Russian Today Television
- Q. What was the impact of United States v. Leon?
- A: This site is not designed to answers questions of the nature of yours. If yo wish to find a comprehensive answer I am sure by googling you can discover some
- Q. How much money can I get from the below situation?
- A: This forum is not for hypothetical questions
- Q. I filed a police report for Unauthorized computer access, because perpetrators were hacking onto my security cameras.
- A: glitch not cliche
- Q. Family member has warrants for failure to appear and probation violation.
- A: And at one time people believed the earth was flat
- Q. Someone has a federal Case open and is visiting someone else’s house can the Police pop up and search that certain house
- A: It seems they did
- Q. My son was just charged with possession of a stolen vehicle he stole in Ga but found in SC. <2000. What does this mean?
- A: Thank you for sharing. No question
- Q. If you are a witness to a criminal case and you are a detective, is that right waived for you. Is that double jeopardy
- A: That is legsl. It happens in every Federal criminal case
- Q. I put a man in jail. Is his lawyer allowed to give him my address, phone number, and drivers license number.
- A: It probably was on the police reports
- Q. Is it possible as a settlement to keep surveillance cameras in someone's home?
- A: Settlement is a civil term. Your inquiry is listed under criminal law