Free Consultation: (832) 534-3529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Fiza Syed

Fiza Syed

Free Consultation
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

As a Houston Native, Fiza Syed witnessed early on the snowball effect poor legal representation can have when she volunteered at local legal justice clinics. Early on, she knew she wanted to pursue a law career. After college graduation, Ms. Syed interned at the Attorney General Child Support Division to better understand family legal matters. She then moved to Dallas to complete law school at SMU Dedman School of Law.

During law school, she interned and clerked at various law firms in order to obtain real life experience in criminal, family and business law. While in law school, she also worked as a student attorney at the SMU Tax Clinic in order to help working class individuals and families obtain legal services with tax law.

Upon graduation and admittance to the State Bar of Texas, Ms. Syed served as general counsel for several small businesses and real estate companies. During her time as such, she regularly negotiated contracts, purchase sale agreements and sophisticated settlements. She assisted clients in strategic business and tax planning in order to avoid legal pitfalls in the future

Ms. Syed believes in passioned advocacy on behalf of her clients and will do her best to obtain the best outcome for her clients. Her practice focuses on criminal and family issues.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hindi: Spoken, Written
  • Urdu: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Merchant Law, PLLC
University of Houston Law Center
LL.M. | Tax Law/Taxation
SMU Dedman School of Law
J.D. (2012) | Family Law
Honors: Suma Cum Laude
Houston Baptist University
B.A. | Political Science
Peer Review Rated
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas # 24088496
Houston Bar Association
- Current
Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Ethics & the Texas Lawyer Disciplinary Process, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
AVVO top pro
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered

Q. I have court papers drawn up for child custody and in the paper work it says neither parent is allowed to leave
A: You need to file a petition to modify and have her served.
Q. Who do I call when my ex will not allow me to pick up my children according to our divorce agreement?
A: You can call attorney to file a motion for enforcement. I would tell you try the local sheriffs department but I am pretty sure they will say its a civil matter and you need a lawyer.
Q. What is the procedure for serving someone with papers? Can anyone serve you?
A: A licensed server or constable.
Q. Can I get a felony exponged this was on 2011 ? And im havi g trouble getting jobs im worried!!
A: You can get it sealed if you took deferred.
Q. noncustodial parent refuses to return child to custodial parent. He's in another state
A: First try with the local sheriffs office with your final decree. if that doesnt work you need a lawyer. Motion for Enforcement and Petition to Modify. Thats what you need to file.
Q. What happens to my arrears child support if I am awarded full custody after a CPS investigation and custody hearing?
A: I mean thats money you still owe the other parent. Most likely you can adjust that against the child support that they would pay you.
Q. can i obtain a court appointed lawyer after bonding out of jail due to medical reasons and kids judge wont grant me 1
A: I would check with Harris county law library, if there any options. Lone star legal aide.
Q. My lawyer withdrew because my friend told me not to show up at mediation. What can I do now?
A: Lone Star Legal Aide or ask your local law library.
Q. is there a way to see a judge before court date?
A: You can have your attorney set your court date.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
KATY , TX 77450
Telephone: (832) 534-3529
Cell: (832) 503-8786
5353 W. Alabama St.
Suite 200A
Houston, TX 77056
Telephone: (832) 534-3529
21 Waterway
Suite 300
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Telephone: (832) 534-3529
2717 Commercial Center Blvd.
Suite E200
Katy, TX 77494
Telephone: (832) 534-3529
5444 Westheimer Suite 1000
Houston , TX 77056
Telephone: (832) 534-3529
11200 West Broadway #2743
Pearland , TX 77584
Toll-Free: (832) 534-3529