Free Consultation: (914) 725-0028Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eli Moore

Eli Moore

Traffic and Criminal Attorney in Westchester County & the Bronx
  • Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Eli Moore, Westchester County’s premier traffic ticket lawyer and criminal attorney, has represented thousands of clients throughout Westchester and New York City for over 25 years. He provides personalized, expert service to those who have been charged with a moving violation or a criminal offense. He goes to court so you don’t have to and helps reduce your fines and points so that you can keep your insurance rates low. Eli Moore brings a wealth of expertise to his work. He earned his B.A. degree from Columbia University and his law degree from Boston University Law School. He served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County for 18 years, prosecuting hundreds of cases, including homicides, violent felonies, and narcotics cases. During that time, he also served as a Special Narcotics Prosecutor in Manhattan. Mr. Moore is admitted to the New York State Bar, the United States Supreme Court, and the Eastern and Southern Federal District Courts of New York. He is an active member of the following: New Rochelle Bar Association, Bronx County Bar Association, Westchester County Bar Association, and the Justice Brandeis Westchester Law Society.

Practice Areas
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Eli Moore PLLC
- Current
Represents clients in all criminal matters including felonies, misdemeanors, and DWI. Traffic court attorney for all types of moving violations.
Babchik & Young LLP
Defense counsel in personal injury and professional liability litigation from pleadings through discovery, motion, and trial stage.
Assistant district attorney
Bronx County District Attorney's Office
Prosecuted Homicides, violent felonies, and narcotic cases. Conducted long term investigations of major narcotic traffickers using wired taps, search warrants, and confidential informants.
Boston University School of Law
J.D. (1983) | Law
Boston University School of Law Logo
Columbia University
B.A. (1980) | Liberal Arts
Columbia University Logo
Professional Associations
Westchester County Bar Association
Member, Attorney Grievance Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Bronx County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Rochelle Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 1937812
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Check Your DMV Record Before Applying for Next Job
Linked In
What Teen Drivers Need to Know
Scarsdale Inquirer
Speaking Engagements
Fourth Amendment, Lawyer in the Classroom, Columbus Elementary School, New Rochelle
New Rochelle Bar Association
Four week presentation to fifth grade class on the Fourth Amendment.
Websites & Blogs
Eli Moore Traffic Attorney
Legal Answers
33 Questions Answered

Q. I received a ticket in nyc under 1225d (having electronic device in hand), but I have a FL license. will i get points?
A: This is a 5 point violation which will stay on your record in New York State for 18 months from the date of violation. Even though you have a Florida license, your driving privileges in New York will be suspended if you reach 11 points or more within an 18 month period. I would recommend fighting this ticket by pleading not guitly and requesting a hearing.
A: The conviction and points will appear on your record for 4 years. However, the points disappear and go back to zero 18 months after the date of violation.
Q. Can violations from 16 years ago effect my license or is there a statute in NYS?
A: Sorry, there is no statute of limitations for traffic tickets. You must clear up all your old tickets and fines in order to lift the license suspension
Q. have traffic court in Jan 2020 but moved to NJ, what should i do?
A: You can apply for a New Jersey license even though you have a pending traffic ticket in New York. I assume you have pleaded not guilty and have a hearing date next January. Until you either plead guilty or are found guilty after a hearing, this ticket will not show up anywhere.
Q. Does being out of state driver help me in anyway to plea not guilty for speeding ticket 1180D?
A: This is a 6 point violation. Even though you have a California license, if you are found guilty of this violation, the points would remain on your record in New York for 18 months. If you reach 11 points or 3 speeding convictions within an 18 month period you will lose your driving privileges in New York for a minimum of 30 days. This conviction might get reported to both California DMV and your insurance company. You should definitely plead not guilty and schedule a hearing. I would recommend hiring an attorney to represent you at the hearing. If you have an attorney, you do not need to appear.
Q. I have received 2 Tickets for No inadequate lights (3752A1) and inadequate plate lamps (3752A4)
A: You should plead not guilty and request a hearing. At the hearing bring proof of repair. If you made the repair within a day or two, you might be able to get the charges dismissed. At the very least you should get a reduction in the fine amount
Q. Failure to stop@ stop sign. The cop told me to plead not guilty since I didn't see stop sign. Do I need lawyer?
A: You can handle the matter yourself. However, you are facing 3 points if found guilty. If you have an attorney appear on your behalf you do not need to go to court. An experienced traffic attorney might be able to reduce the ticket to a non-moving, no points violation. An attorney might even be able to get the ticket dismissed on a technicality.
Q. If my friend runs a red light but is driving my truck, is it possible for them to suspend my license?
A: If you are referring to a red light camera ticket, (that one receives by mail) then you are liable for the ticket as the registered owner of the vehicle. If the ticket remains unpaid you could face license or registration suspension. If the driver of the truck was stopped running a red light and given a ticket on the scene, then he is solely responsible.
Q. i was locked up for a few months , i come home to a bunch of tickets , its very obvious that someone was driving my
A: It depends on the type of ticket you are referring to. If parking tickets, you are responsible as the owner of the vehicle. If moving violations where someone gave your name, you should dispute these tickets with proof of incarceration.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
29 Elmridge Drive
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Telephone: (914) 725-0028
Cell: (914) 523-5552
Fax: (914) 472-2780