Cindy N. Brown practices in the areas of criminal defense, civil litigation, family law, and landlord/tenant, defending the interests of the everyday man. While she feels strongly about the work that she does for all her clients, she is especially passionate about fathers, and their ability to maintain meaningful relationships with their children after divorce or failed relationships. All too often, the end of romantic relationships result in diminished contact with children through no fault of the fathers, and once the matter has made its way into the Family Court system, many fathers feel as though the odds are stacked against them and their parental rights are given much less weight than the mothers of their children. As such, Ms. Brown focuses a lot of her practice in the area of family law to combat these issues, in order to protect the rights of fathers who genuinely want to be a part of their children’s lives.
Born on the beautiful island of Jamaica, Ms. Brown is a New York transplant, having resided here for over 20 years. A University of Albany alum, she graduated from the Charleston School of Law in 2012. While in law school, Ms. Brown achieved recognition on the Dean’s List, as well as Cali Awards for receiving the highest marks her subjects. She was a member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, and Juris One Sports & Entertainment Law Society. Ms. Brown recalls her experience of studying Public International Law at Oxford’s Magdalen College as one of her most memorable during her law school studies.
Ms. Brown enjoys spending time with her family, taking walks with her dog Myles, traveling to exotic locations, and the occasional motorcycle ride.
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Free Consultation
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Tilem & Associates, PC
- - Current
- Contract Attorney
- Epiq Systems
- Judicial Intern
- Appellate Division Of The Supreme Court Of The State Of New York (4th Dep't)
- General Counsel Extern
- Blackbaud, Inc.
- State University of New York - Albany
- Charleston School of Law
- Top 40 Under 40
- The National Black Lawyers
- Westchester Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Cindy N. Brown's Website Profile
- Tilem & Associates, PC Website
- New York Criminal Attorney Blog
- New York Court Reverses Defendant’s Conviction Based on Police Officers’ Purported “Inventory Search”
11 October 2019
- IS THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (NFA) DEAD?
3 October 2019
- Can New York Police Officers Search a Car if They Smell Marijuana?
15 September 2019
- SCOTUS Issues Case Discussing Police Officers’ Ability to Take the Blood of Unconscious New York Motorists
8 September 2019
- New York Court Reverses Murder Conviction Based on Prosecution’s Failure to Hand Over Video Surveillance Footage
3 September 2019
- New York Prosecutors Cannot Make Jury-Selection Decisions Based on Race
28 August 2019
- New York Court Determines Sex Offender Did Not Need to Register Facebook Account
21 August 2019
- Recent New York Appellate Decision Highlights the Importance of Obtaining a Favorable Jury Instruction
15 August 2019
- Governor Cuomo Signs Additional Gun Control Measures Into Law
5 August 2019