Free Consultation: (513) 732-5900Tap to Call This Lawyer
Douglas A. Ball

Douglas A. Ball

Douglas A. Ball, Attorney at Law
  • DUI & DWI, Divorce, Family Law ...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

No matter the case, we will find a way to help you For an experienced attorney who will fight for you, you've come to the right place. At our firm in Cincinnati, OH, our primary mission is to stand up for the rights of our clients. Whether you've had an OVI/DUI/DUS, are facing criminal charges, or are in the middle of a family law dispute involving a divorce, dissolution or custody issue, Douglas A. Ball will provide you with experienced legal advice and counsel. Most people don't know how the law works, or how to make sure that others don't take advantage of them in legal cases. Do not take chances with your case. Hire an experienced attorney who knows how to defend his clients. Come see Douglas A. Ball in Batavia or call him for a free telephone consultation today.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Juvenile Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
White Collar Crime
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
  • Free Consultation
    Up to a 30 minute free telephone or in person consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    American Express, Visa, MasterCard & Discover
  • Contingent Fees
    On Personal Injury Cases and other cases by exception.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Each case is different and I will discuss the retainer with you upon consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Douglas A. Ball, Attorney at Law
- Current
Extensive experience in litigation focusing on Domestic Relations, Criminal Law, OVI/DUI/DUS, Juvenile Law, Civil Law and Personal Injury
Assistant Public Defender
Clermont County Public Defender's Office
• Handled voluminous dockets in Municipal and Common Pleas Courts. • Extensive Bench and Jury Trial experience, as well as Motion and Discovery practice.
Clermont County Domestic Relations Court
Presided over all aspects of cases heard in the Domestic Relations division of the Common Pleas Court, including custody and support determinations, domestic violence and contempt motions.
Law Clerk, Legal Intern & Attorney
Schuh & Goldberg
Upon Becoming a licensed attorney was an Associate handling criminal and civil matters including bench and jury trials.
University of Cincinnati College of Law
J.D. (1990) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of Cincinnati
B.A. (1986) | Broadcasting
University of Cincinnati Logo
Diploma (1982) | Drama, Music, Performing Arts
Placeholder image for education.
Above and Beyond Continuing Education
Ohio Bar College
Completion of 24 hours or more of continuing education during a mandatory reporting period to the Ohio Supreme Court.
Professional Associations
American Bar Association (ABA)
- Current
Activities: Continuing Legal Education, Research
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Court of Common Pleas, Division of Domestic Relations
Chariman of the Domestic Relations Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cincinnati Museum Center
- Current
Activities: Lead Rotunda Tours at the Cincinnati Museum Center, as well as Subway, Brewery and various other tours.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Highway Safety Transporation Association
- Current
Activities: The SAME Certification as police officers have to conduce field sobriety testing.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (OACDL)
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Ohio State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Clermont County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Tedrick v. Tedrick, 12th Circuit Court of Appeals
The Ohio Supreme Court
Speaking Engagements
Douglas A. Ball, Attorney at Law, Clermont County Bar Association
Clermont County Bar Association
In depth presentation on the Intoxilyzer 8000 being used to measure breath alcohol in OVI/DUI cases.
Field Sobriety Testing
National Highway Safety Transporation Association
Websites & Blogs
Douglas A. Ball, Attorney at Law
Legal Answers
16 Questions Answered
Q. My boyfriend was arrested on a warrant stating probation violation from his dui last year but he paid his fines no po
A: You should refer back to his original sentencing information or have an attorney review it to determine what the Court ordered as to the conditions of his probation. You might also contact the Probation Department to clarify what conditions were ordered. Also, the OVI/DUI laws changed in 2017. Did he have any other DUIs than the one you referenced? You should definitely have him contact an attorney in the area where he was convicted. Many attorneys offer a free initial consultation that may be of value to you. I wish you all of the best in the future.
Q. Mom got DUI in truck that is in my name, and had no insurance on it which I thought she did. Will I get in trouble?
A: You need to contact an attorney in the area where the alleged charges were brought as soon as possible, if you have not done so already. The State has several options available to them on how to proceed, and you need an attorney versed in the law to discuss your options with you. This could be a problem for you since the truck is titled in your name. Do a search here on Justia to find recommended lawyers. You might also reach out to your local law library for recommendations. Good luck to you!
Q. I resently got a DUI they messed up on my ticket threw it out of court then reissued me a new DUI. Can they do that?
A: There is not a short answer, pat answe,r that can be given to your question. There are many factors that could play into the State's decision. You should definitely speak with an OVI/DUI defense lawyer in the area where you were allegedly charged. I would do an attorney search as soon as possible, so that your attorney will have adequate time to file anything that needs to be filed. The Thanksgiving holiday is likely going to cost you 4 days to get an appearance, so if you have done so already, I would highly recommend that you take action to contact an attorney for a consultation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
233 E. Main Street, Suite 3
Batavia, OH 45103
Telephone: (513) 732-5900
Cell: (513) 520-4740
Fax: (513) 732-5904