Free Consultation: (303) 688-0944Tap to Call This Lawyer
Donald C Eby

Donald C Eby

Robinson and Henry
  • Business Law, Collections, Landlord Tenant...
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Donald "Corky" Eby is a Robinson and Henry superstar and leader of the firm's real estate practice. He helps clients solve problems relating to real estate, including commercial and residential acquisition, financing, development, leases, foreclosure, landlord tenant, eviction, contract issues, HOA disputes, Realtor representation, zoning and other land use issues. He also represents Colorado veterans on issues such as VA disability ratings, combat related special compensation, discharge review, and other Veterans Administration claims. Additionally, he handles business and commercial law issues including acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures and entity formation, collections, franchises, contract issues, and general corporate counsel.

Prior to joining our firm Donald served in the US Navy where he was assigned to aviation squadrons, aircraft carriers, the Naval Discharge Review Board, and other special assignments. During his military career he was deployed to Iraq, Kuwait, the Red Sea, Persian Gulf, Mediterranean, and Adriatic Sea. He also, has owned and operated a real estate company for over ten years where he has personally bought and sold dozens of homes and dealt with hundreds of tenant issues ranging from broken leases, to property repairs, and evictions. His unique background gives him an exceptional perspective on the issues faced by todays business owners, landlords, and veterans.

Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science
University of Denver, Juris Doctor
Colorado Bar Association CLE, Colorado Real Estate Practice Course

Scholastic Excellence Award - Trial Practice
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Corporate Apprentice of the Year


Castle Rock Board of Adjustments
Colorado Real Estate Investors
NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development - Legislative Affairs Committee
MOAA - Military Officers Association of America
Navy League
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
Mr. Eby regularly speaks to groups who are concerned about legal issues

American Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association - Real Estate and Natural Resources Sections
Douglas Elbert County Bar Association - LinkedIn Group manager

Contact Donald by email or schedule and appointment by calling 303-688-0944.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Military Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation is always free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Retainer agreements and some flat fee relationships.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Robinson and Henry
- Current
At R&H my team attorneys handle litigation of cases on behalf of our clients all along the front range. We represent builders, buyers, sellers, contractors, business owners, creditors, and debtors.
University of Denver
Juris Doctorate
Honors: Trial Practice and Corporate Apprentice of the Year
University of Denver Logo
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyers Raising Star
Superlawyer Raising Star
AVVO 2013 Client's Choice Award
Multiple client recommendations on Avvo within the year of 2013
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Assoc
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans
- Current
Activities: Assist Colorado Veterans with legal issues.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
232 Questions Answered

Q. Can Capital One take my land to pay off a defaulted auto loan if I cannot pay on it anymore?
A: No - It is not likely that you pledged real estate as collateral to obtain a credit card. However, if you have debt issues, I recommend that you contact a Bankruptcy attorney, you may be surprised how much BK can do for you.
Q. With a current month-to-month lease after lease expiration and couple separated, can I create new lease with one party?
A: Yes you can. Just properly terminate the current Month to Month before creating a new lease with only one party moving forward.
Q. I recently was charged a fee of $1000 for 3 days late Payment on a $4088 b’room remodel. Is this legal? Ursury? Colorado
A: Usury does apply to late fees in lease agreements. You may want to get an attorney to help you in dealing with this party. A demand letter from an attorney could help to convince the opposing party that this will not work out well for him/her.
Q. Hello! I am wondering if home builders in Colorado are required by law, to provide a 10 year structural warranty?
A: No but yes. Builders are not required to offer any warranty. But, a owner may bring suit against the builder under the Construction Defect Statute for defects for up to 10 years after completion of the home. Hope helps. You should contact an attorney if your builder is not cooperating with your demands for repairs.
Q. Can a landlord keep my inital rent and deposit when I never moved in because of someone else still occuping at time
A: If the previous tenant did not move out causing Landlord to be unable to deliver possession to you, he would be in breach of your lease agreement and have no right to your rent and Sec. Dep. You should contact an attorney for assistance in recovering your money.
Q. Can a landlord(s) transfer a lease to a Property Management Company without notifying the tenant in writing prior?
A: A landlord may designate an agent (Property Management Co) to step in and administer the lease on his behalf, unless the lease specifically says otherwise. It was smart of you to verify this transfer with the Landlord prior to delivering money to the Property Manager.
Q. Rent to own. Oral contract. Fully paid the property off now Parents getting divorce and father refuses to sign over
A: You may have some rights and remedies. I recommend that you contact an attorney to discuss the exact facts, agreements, evidence, willingness of Mom to cooperate, etc. Then you'll be able to make a decision about how to move forward in demanding your property.
Q. When purchasing a lot in a platted rural subdiv is an Improvement Location Cert. ok, or should require Land Plat Survey
A: Is a Land Plat Survey today valuable to defend encroachment claims in the future? Not likely. Is a Land Plat Survey more valuable to a buyer than an ILC? Yes
Q. We flipped a home 5 years ago, and 2 buyers later, the new buyer is suing us for shouty workmanship.
A: You should consult an attorney to assist you in defending yourself against these claims. There are likely other facts that need to be discussed but it is possible that you could make a claim against the Plaintiff for attorney fees to defend yourself against this lawsuit.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Robinson and Henry
900 Castleton Rd.
Ste. 200
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Telephone: (303) 688-0944