I was elected in November 2012 and was seated on January 1, 2013. A lifelong resident of the Cuyahoga County area, growing up in Maple Heights until the age of 12, and moving to Lyndhurst where I reside today. I attended public school, graduating from Brush High School in 1975.
I have a daughter, Michelle, and understands how difficult raising a child can be as a single parent.
After Michelle graduated from college, I pursued a degree at Baldwin Wallace University and earned a degree in Human Services while working as a private investigator and a freelance designer in advertising.
I worked as an Advertising Director at a financial institution for 12 years, and at the age of 40, began law school with the intention of practicing juvenile and family law.
I served on the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Guardian ad Litem Advisory Board from 2004 to 2016 and as a Judge, I was a member of the Steering Committee forming a CASA program, both of which merged to form the Child and Family Advocates of Cuyahoga County. This organization protects the needs of children in foster care, whose numbers are at an all-time high due to the drug epidemic. Most recently, I was nominated as a Board Member of the Ohio Association of Juvenile Court Judges.
Since taking the bench, I have worked to implement various initiatives focusing on the needs of the community, strengthening families, and providing services to the children of Cuyahoga County, such as Warrant Recall Fridays and CASA of Cuyahoga County.
I have taken on additional duties as the jurist for the Teen Drug Court, Safe Harbor Docket and supervises the Magistrate for Reentry Court.
I have spent her entire legal career focusing on Juvenile Court advocating for children and families of Cuyahoga County.
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning
- Traffic Tickets
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney Denise Rini
- - Current
- State of Ohio
- Cleveland State University
- J.D. (2002) | Law
- Baldwin-Wallace College
- B.A. (1998) | Human Services
- Judicial Award
- Renee Jones Empowerment Center
- Buddy Kenzler Award
- Ohio State Bar
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar
- Committee Member
- - Current
- Board Member
- Guardian ad Litem Program
News Channel 5 highlights Warrant Recall Program, spearheaded in part by Judge Denise N. Rini, a collaboration between Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court, Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency, Fatherhood Initiative...Judge Denise Rini makes juvenile offenders on the RTA do community service for the RTA
News Channel 5 highlights Judge Denise N. Rini's RTA initiative that makes juvenile offenders, whose delinquency offenses occur on public transportation, to give back to the community by doing community...Judge Rini addresses Human Trafficking
News Channel 5 featured story about the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court Safe Harbor Docket created and presided over by Judge Denise Rini to assist victims of human trafficking.
- Q. I gave someone guardianship of my daughter about 3yrs ago or so how would I get my daughter back?
- A: Greetings from a steamy afternoon. File a Motion to Terminate Guardianship in the Probate Court that granted the Guardianship.
- Q. My ex is living with my daughter and a sex offender who was charged for being with a minor. What can I do to get her out
- A: File a Motion to Modify the Shared Parenting Plan and Motion for a Guardian ad Litem to be appointed in the Court where the divorce was granted. If you think it is an Emergency, file an Emergency Motion, though depending on the Jurist will depend how quickly you receive a hearing.
- Q. My children father is on ssi child support says i cant receive any help i feel its not fair im struggling
- A: Greetings from a steamy afternoon. If a person is receiving SSD, (Social Security Disability), there is derivative benefit for children, though when there is SSI (Supplemental) is means based and the person does not have a work history, there is no derivative for the children. Call the Social Security office and ask if there is a benefit for your child.
- Q. I need a lawyer to help me with my case with CPS but j dnt have alot of money
- A: Any parent that may lose parental rights has the right to appointed counsel. Ask the Court to appoint a public defender or appointed counsel. Most are quite good.
- Q. In the state ohio if a man pays child support and the child's mother signs her rights over to her mother does she still
- A: Greetings from a steamy afternoon on the North Coast. No, the child support should be directed to the person who has Legal Custody. The Child Support Enforcement Agency can assist with the necessary paperwork.
- Q. My ex husband is taking me to court for a paternity test after 16 years
- A: the question is a chance at what? Not paying child support? Not being the Father? Since your child is 16, and your husband is the only Father he has ever known, the Court may Order for him to continue to be the legal father if it is in the best interest of your child.
- Q. How do you go about unsealing your records, when you have no criminal background?
- A: If you do not have any criminal charges, there is nothing to unseal.
- Q. Can CBS take 24 hour Custody Of children and can they remove the kids for 2 months with out A judge proval
- A: CSB may not remove your child without an Order from a Court, either telephonic or in-person Court hearing.
- Q. Me and my girlfriend are not married and we having a child together that is unborn yet. We live together.
- A: Unless your girlfriend is 65, she is applying for Medicaid, health insurance for families. Although you reside together, there is a chance that you will have to pay cash medical through a child support order from CSEA.