Free Consultation: (440) 668-9209Tap to Call This Lawyer
Denise Rini

Denise Rini

Nothing so good or so bad, lasts for very long.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law ...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I was elected in November 2012 and was seated on January 1, 2013. A lifelong resident of the Cuyahoga County area, growing up in Maple Heights until the age of 12, and moving to Lyndhurst where I reside today. I attended public school, graduating from Brush High School in 1975.
I have a daughter, Michelle, and understands how difficult raising a child can be as a single parent.
After Michelle graduated from college, I pursued a degree at Baldwin Wallace University and earned a degree in Human Services while working as a private investigator and a freelance designer in advertising.
I worked as an Advertising Director at a financial institution for 12 years, and at the age of 40, began law school with the intention of practicing juvenile and family law.
I served on the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Guardian ad Litem Advisory Board from 2004 to 2016 and as a Judge, I was a member of the Steering Committee forming a CASA program, both of which merged to form the Child and Family Advocates of Cuyahoga County. This organization protects the needs of children in foster care, whose numbers are at an all-time high due to the drug epidemic. Most recently, I was nominated as a Board Member of the Ohio Association of Juvenile Court Judges.
Since taking the bench, I have worked to implement various initiatives focusing on the needs of the community, strengthening families, and providing services to the children of Cuyahoga County, such as Warrant Recall Fridays and CASA of Cuyahoga County.
I have taken on additional duties as the jurist for the Teen Drug Court, Safe Harbor Docket and supervises the Magistrate for Reentry Court.
I have spent her entire legal career focusing on Juvenile Court advocating for children and families of Cuyahoga County.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Juvenile Law
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney Denise Rini
- Current
State of Ohio
Cleveland State University
J.D. (2002) | Law
Cleveland State University Logo
Baldwin-Wallace College
B.A. (1998) | Human Services
Placeholder image for education.
Judicial Award
Renee Jones Empowerment Center
Buddy Kenzler Award
Professional Associations
Ohio State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Committee Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Board Member
Guardian ad Litem Program
Legal Answers
35 Questions Answered
Q. Can children services remove my children without giving me any information regarding the removal?
A: Children and Family Services may only remove your children in an Emergency and need court intervention. You are entitled to a hearing within 72-hours where an attorney will be appointed.
Q. foster care legal advice
A: I do not know what your situation is currently, though if you stay in Foster Care you will be eligible for Independent Living, college tuition and assistance through the Bridges Program.

i can only imagine it is difficult to remain, though if you have a good worker, you should be able to finish school, find employment and support yourself. The Bridges Program is until you are 21-years of age and you should take advantage of all the State of Ohio offers.

Good Luck and don't be stupid:)
Q. My son wants to stay with father and go to school in his town until I get my own house. Do I have give temporarycustody
A: If the Father owns property in the school district, it should not be an issue to enroll him, otherwise, you may need a Court Order that states that Father is the Residential Parent for School Purposes.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Attorney at Law
600 Detroit
Cleveland, OH 44145
Toll-Free: (440) 668-9209
Telephone: (440) 668-9209