Daryl D. AnthonyProfessional and Experienced Representation in Orange County and So Cal
- Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI
Former Orange County Deputy District Attorney & Deputy Public Defender
Mr. Anthony formerly worked for the Orange County District Attorney where he successfully prosecuted serious felony cases for the government. His knowledge of D.A. office policies, procedures and personnel are important ingredients in the recipe for successfully defending your matter.
Furthermore, Mr. Anthony spent many years of his legal career working for the Orange County Public Defender, defending clients in a wide range of criminal matters.
From a background of handling a multitude of cases similar to yours, from both sides of the counsel table, Daryl D. Anthony can offer expertise and insights critical to the successful defense of your case.
Born in Dayton, Ohio in 1965, Daryl D. Anthony grew up in Madison, New Jersey, a upper/ middle class suburb about 30 minutes outside of New York City. He moved to California after going to college in Ithaca, New York and graduating from law school in Philadelphia, PA in 1990. He is currently single, never married, residing in Santa Ana and Newport Beach, California.
Daryl Anthony, Attorney at Law--Private criminal defense practice: 1997 to present. Represented numerous criminal defendants in state and federal courts in a wide range of criminal cases including homicides, third strike cases, rape, sex offenses, drug cases, theft cases, assaults, domestic violence, driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs and major complex fraud actions. Successfully represented clients in Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino and Santa Clara counties. During this period Mr. Anthony has coordinated and participated in numerous lawyer associations and collaborations. He has also developed a network of professional relationships with a wide variety of experts, investigators and other associates designed to help with the many different aspects of successful criminal defense. Member of state and federal bar associations for over 17 years, with no record of any public discipline.
Orange County District Attorney --Deputy District Attorney: 1995- 1997. Prosecuted several thousand felony and misdemeanor cases for the Orange County District Attorney. Gained experience dealing with law enforcement personnel and witnesses as well as a thorough understanding of the criminal process from inside of the system.
Orange County Public Defender -- Deputy Public Defender: 1991- 1995. Defended over 100 jury trials in various criminal cases. Also represented parents in CA Welfare and Institution section 300 proceedings, where termination of parental rights was at stake. Experienced many difficult and demanding clients with mental health and stability issues. Experienced clients suffering with alcohol and drug addiction and treatment issues. Gained initial experience with scores of expert and professional witnesses, law enforcement, court personnel, client family members and the criminal justice system itself.
1987- 1990 Juris Doctorate: Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Employed in the legal departments of CIGNA Insurance; Edwards, White & Sooy, an insurance defense firm in San Diego, CA; and Krusen, Evans and Byrne, a maritime law firm in Philadelphia, PA specializing in international shipping, while attending law school full time and earning degree in three years.
- Attended Temple Law Summer Abroad program studying international law at the University of Rome, Italy during the summer of 1988.
1983- 1987 Bachelor of Science: Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York 14850
- Business Management Major; Speech Communication Minor
- Chair of President Host Committee, serving as the representative student for a private college of over 6000 students. Managed and directed over 100 students providing tours to prospective students and their families while attending school and working part time.
Private Law Practice, Santa Ana, California, 1997 to present
Orange County Deputy District Attorney, 1995-1997
Orange County Public Defender, 1990-1995
Admitted to California Bar, 1990
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Assault and Battery
- Drug Cases
- Murder/ Attp. Murder
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Temple University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate (1990)
- Ithaca College
- B.S. (1987) | Business
- Honors: President's Award for outstanding contributions to the college. Deans List
- California State Bar  # 151885
- - Current