Free Consultation: (949) 474-8008Tap to Call This Lawyer
William M. Weinberg

William M. Weinberg

William M. Weinberg
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

I am committed to defending the constitutional rights of my clients. My practice is limited to criminal defense and I have always been on the side of the individual. I believe in our system. It is the best in the world and affords individuals rights they cannot obtain anywhere else on the globe.

My goal is simple: to obtain the best possible outcome for my clients. I have developed many relationships within the court system over the last 26 years and frequently put them to use on my client's behalf.

I believe that I can personalize my client's situation so that the court and opposing counsel can see the human side of our story, not just a dry and one-sided police report that contains many unsupported conclusions based upon limited facts.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Areas
  • Assault/Battery
  • Drug Offenses
  • Drunk Driving/Traffic Matters
  • Homicide Defense
  • Major Narcotics Offenses
  • Probation Violations
  • Sex Offenses
  • Three Strikes - Serious Felonies
  • Violations of Restraining Orders
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I base my fees on the client's problem, my years of experience and the client's financial circumstances.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
William Weinberg
- Current
Western State University College of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Chapman College
B.A. | English Literature
Placeholder image for education.
Client's Choice Award
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 164081
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Criminal Defense Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California DUI Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Bar Foundation
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Public Defenders Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Strategies For Defending Gang Crimes
Multi-Topic Articles on Criminal Defense
California Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
Speaking Engagements
Consider This, Family Planning Conference, Irvine, CA
Constitutional Law, Consider This
California DUI Association
Legal Answers
41 Questions Answered

Q. Is probation where imposition of sentence is suspended, a crime?
A: You plead guilty. You just didn't get the maximum sentence. You were convicted, though.
Q. What happens if I go into court and say that those charges that they are charging my daughter with were mine
A: There is too little information here to give you a meaningful answer. In general, this approach rarely works and if it did, you could be prosecuted. I would consult a local attorney.
Q. i have a warrant and i have been diagnosed with cervical cancer what can i do to stay out of jail to continue treatment
A: I am sure you could get the warrant recalled. You would just have to go to court, go see the clerk and ask that the case be put on calendar. The judge would easily recall the warrant and give you an extension of time. If you have an attorney, the attorney can do it without you but would need proof of your medical condition of course.
Q. How can I obtain info on a warrant in LA county California from 1996, I have the warrant number?
A: probably the cleanest is to call the clerk directly (no easy task, of course). Alternatively, you could hire an attorney to go pull the records or an attorney service in Los Angeles. The latter would probably be the most cost-effective.
Q. If I was charged with a felony hit and run and I was on unsupervised probation what are my punishment?
A: You could be punished both for the new crime and buy additional time remaining on the probation case. I strongly recommend not commenting any further about details and hiring an attorney right away. Sounds like he did a lot of good things at the beginning that may help you at the end.
Q. If I was charged with domestic violence n had a court date n missed it,can I call a judge to get another court dat
A: You should hire an attorney and go to court to get the warrant cleared up as soon as possible. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact your local public defenders office, let them know your situation and appear with one of them.
Q. I got 180 days in La county jail for a technical violation of probation how much time will I do.
A: Currently, it's commonly thought that inmates serve about 10% of their sentence.
Q. My boyfriend is on parole. One of his condiontions is no contact with victim me. Can we get married with out violating
A: Clearly no. He needs to contact his parole agent and get permissions in writing.
Q. I got a felony when I was a minor I’m 18Now when will my record be sealed
A: Yes of course you have to complete your probationary period or you will be in violation and subject to arrest. Contact your probation officer. If you’re doing well he or she may allow you to terminate probation early. He then simply file a petition to seal the arrest.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
William Weinberg
19200 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92612
Telephone: (949) 474-8008
Fax: (949) 861-7445