Free Consultation: (833) 526-5197Tap to Call This Lawyer
Crista Marie Haynes

Crista Marie Haynes

Empathetic, Experienced, Educated Services for an Affordable Rate.
  • Family Law, Criminal Law, Divorce...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Crista is the Managing Partner of The Haynes Law Firm, APLC located in Redlands, CA. The Haynes Law Firm, APLC is a boutique law firm offering clients legal assistance in the areas of Family law, Criminal law, and Juvenile law. Crista prides herself on offering empathetic, educated, and experienced legal services at affordable rates. Crista is a proud member of the Board of Advisors for the University of Laverne, College of Law, where she attended law school, she is a proud member of the Board of Directors of the Social Justice Advocacy Project, she volunteers her time with the San Bernardino County Youth Court and is a member of several bar associations in Southern California including the Western San Bernardino Bar Association, the San Bernardino County Bar Association, Riverside County Bar Association as well as the American Bar Association. Crista graduated from Law School in May 2011 and was admitted to the California State Bar in December 2011.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    We offer a free one hour consultation in person or over the phone
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
The Haynes Law Firm, APLC
- Current
Bristol & Haynes, APLC
Bristol, Haynes & Associates
University of La Verne College of Law
J.D. (2011) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
California State University - Long Beach
B.S. (2007) | Criminal Justice
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Riverside County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
30 Questions Answered

A: If you would like to supplement your initial filing you will need to submit a supplemental declaration and attach any documentary evidence you would like the court to consider as exhibits. You can use form MC-031, multiple MC-031's put together or submit a supplemental declaration on pleading paper. Please note that you are limited to 10 pages for your declaration but that does not include your attached exhibits. You will want to reference to exhibits in your declaration and identify them and explain why they are relevant. If you have any questions or would like assistance please do not hesitate to contact The Haynes Law Firm, APLC at 1 (833) 526-5197.
Q. Can I send a simplified financial statement to the other party's attorney via email?
A: Unless you have an agreement stating otherwise, such as an agreement to accept things for service via facsimile and/or email you must send the Simplified Financial Statement via US Mail.
Q. What happens once a child is 15 will a judge force a child or once a child is a teen will they start to not force visit?
A: You definitely should file a Request for Order to modify child custody and visitation orders based on detriment to your son. You can show the extreme detriment by showing that while under mother's care he has been sent to juvenile hall and that his behavior is not changing and that his mother is either allowing for it to happen and/or doing nothing to rectify the situation. You can request for you son to be enrolled into therapy and for Mother to take co-parenting classes so that the situation does not get any worse and instead gets better for everyone involved. And even though your son is 15 you can still persuade the judge that him making his own decision has been detrimental for him and therefore the judge needs to step in an intervene. If you have any questions and/or need assistance with you case please do not hesitate to contact me.
Q. I don’t ask for child support , is it reasonable to ask my sons mom to cover the travel cost for his visits to her.
A: You have multiple options and I think only you can make the ultimate decision. The first would be to not do anything drastic and allow for the term "status quo" to set in and get through to the point where you enroll your son into school here in California and get the strong roots set in here to be able to combat anything your ex wife would try to use to her advantage in a move away case. The second option would be to file for custody, visitation orders, child support and deal with the cost of travel so that you can get ahead of her in the filing status and get your version of events and facts before the judge first. She will still have to file a move away case and deal with proving that the move would be in your child's best interest. This is a tough area of law and you should think about talking to a lawyer to get further insight into the situation. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Q. I was married and adopted my wife’s daughter where the biological father gave up his rights. My daughter is 15 now and
A: As her legal father you have 50/50 rights with her mother and as such her mother cannot send her out of the state to see her absent biological father without your consent. Worst case scenario you would be able to call the police to stop your daughter from getting on the plane and if somehow your wife and daughter managed to pull a fast one and get her to the other state you would be able to file for an emergency hearing to get the DA's offices's child abduction unit involved to be able to bring her back home. There are definitely multiple ways to protect yourself but you definitely should consult an attorney to know the full spectrum of your rights. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Q. Can I add more evidence/statements to a response to modify an existing custody order after the initial file.
A: Yes you may. You simply need to file an updated declaration and attach the evidence/statements to you declaration. However, please remember that anything that you file with the court by way of evidence/declarations must be served upon the other side as well. So file the documents with the court and serve the other party and remember to file your proof of service of the new updated declaration.
Q. What forms do I need to request a court date to change my child visitation currently in effect? Am I the Respondent?
A: You will need to file a Request for Order FL-300 and request a modification of child custody and visitation orders. There are several attachment forms that you can attach to the FL-300 to be able to fully effectuate your entire request. These forms are: FL-305 for temporary emergency orders, FL-311 child custody and visitation orders, FL-312 supervised visitation order request, FL-341(c)-(e) orders regarding holidays, physical custody and legal custody. You will additionally need to file a UCCJEA declaration describing where your child has been living for the past five years, FL-105. You will need to double check whether there are any county specific forms that are required but these are the basics when dealing with child custody and visitation. You will additionally want to include a declaration with your request explaining what you are requesting and why you want it and why it is in the children's best interest. If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me at my office.
Q. Do they count overtime when calculating child support in California?
A: When calculating child support they do take overtime into consideration as income for child support purposes is widely defined and includes all income from all sources including overtime. If you have further questions about how they will calculate your support please do not hesitate to contact me at my office.
Q. How long does a parent have to serve the other parent with paperwork after the petition has been filed with the court?
A: They do not have to serve you with their Petition but they cannot move forward with the case until they serve you. Once you are served you have 30 days to respond. If you do not respond within those thirty days the other party may file a request to enter default and proceed in your absence.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
631 West State Street
Suite B
Redlands, CA 92373
Toll-Free: (833) 526-5197
Fax: (909) 287-3031