Free Consultation: (916) 597-1305Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carol A Fauerbach

Carol A Fauerbach

Taking the confusion out of estate planning, trust administration, and probate.
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Elder Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Trust Administration
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 272518
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 272518
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Carol A. Fauerbach
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered
Q. Can my husband & I make changes to our living trust without using a lawyer, if our signatures are notarized? Thank you.
A: Although you and your husband can make changes to your trust, it is important to review the changes with an attorney to make sure that there are no unintended consequences, and to make sure that the changes are done in a manner that makes them legally effective and not likely to cause confusion or litigation among beneficiaries if you pass away or become incapacitated. It is a good idea to have your estate planning documents reviewed every few years to make sure that the they still reflect your current needs as well as changes in the law. Also, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney to make sure that your trust is funded appropriately.
Q. Is my grandmother the sole mortgagee of the house now?
A: She will need to continue to pay the mortgage payments. Depending upon how title was held on the house, probate may or may not be required. If your grandmother does not have an estate plan already in place and current, now is a good time to seek assistance from an estate planning attorney to ensure that there is no probate required for her heirs, and that she has designated individuals to handle her financial and health care needs if she is unable to do so in the future. Your grandmother should consult a probate/estate planning attorney to confirm what needs to be done to transfer the house to her name alone, and to establish an estate plan that protects both her and her heirs.
Q. I'm in Calif. and I'm doing a Revocable Living Trust. My grown kids are Trustees. Do they have to sign this doc?
A: Typically only the Grantors and current Trustees need to sign. However, before signing a trust, be sure to review it with an attorney to ensure that it does what you need it to, and that there are no problems or unforeseen consequences. Keep in mind that most individuals also need other documents in addition to a trust to meet their needs, including a pour over Will and a Durable Power of Attorney. You should consult with an estate planning attorney to ensure that your documents are doing what you intend for them to do.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Carol A. Fauerbach
1380 Prairie City Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Telephone: (916) 597-1305
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Evening and weekend appointments available.