Free Consultation: (801) 441-8922Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brian K Jackson

Brian K Jackson

Brian K. Jackson, LLC
  • Employment Law, Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation...
  • Utah, Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ever since I was in high school I was never a fan of someone with higher authority picking on someone else who was not in the same position. It rubs me wrong when there is a wrong which can’t be righted just because of authority or someone doesn’t know that their wrong can be righted. That was a big motivator for me to take a career in law. Many people say, “I want an aggressive attorney.” What does that mean? All the law is factual circumstances that tie to some kind of legal remedy. If there ingredients aren’t there, then there is no case. A top attorney knows the law and knows the facts of the case well. Attention to detail is what wins cases. An attorney can be aggressive all they want, but if the facts aren’t in their favor, or they don’t know the facts well-enough they will fall flat on their face. I started practicing criminal law, because in my eyes, defendants were the ones who were most picked-on in regards to authority disparity. From there, I have moved to employment law, worker’s compensation, civil rights, personal injury and business law. Businesses can pick on their employees too. The firm was created in 2014 and is now located in Salt Lake City to serve those who don’t yet have a voice.

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Intellectual Property
  • Business Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • Products Liability
  • Estate Planning
  • Domestic Violence
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Brian K. Jackson, LLC
Gonzaga University School of Law
J.D. (2014)
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar # 15296
Utah Bar of Employment Lawyers
- Current
Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
110 Questions Answered

Q. If I file a appeal do I need to still do the probation thing
A: It depends on if it is out of justice or district court. Justice you will start over with a clean slate, district, you will still be on probation unless / until the court of appeals overturns the judgment.
Q. I'M 62 year's old and trying to find an attorney to represent me concerning the tobacco master settlement agreement.
A: Are you located in Utah or California?
Q. Can an adult instructor of equine activities be held liable if they don't require their youth students to wear helmets?
A: The statute listed says it all, which constitutes negligence in the disregard for the safety of the participant. After that is proven, you have to show that there was an injury associated to that. They can't be held liable for anything if there isn't an injury according to the statute. So if you are trying to sue them for just not requiring the kids to wear a helmet, that isn't enough.
Q. I'm sure my wife is cheating on me with a past boyfriend. Do I gather more evidence or just begin divorce
A: Now days, if you want a divorce, you can get one granted for about anything. If you feel like it isn't working out, you can get one on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. If you are looking to prove she cheated on you, then that would be an at-fault divorce if you want to prove that they aren't entitled to normal marital assets.
Q. Can discrediting evidence be presented in court after the court has acknowledged that a defendants attny didn't show up
A: Might need more details to this. The question is, if the attorney didn't show up, then who is presenting the evidence?
Q. How much notice does a tenant in Utah legally need to give a Landlord in a month to month contract when moving out?
A: Month to month is 30-days so you need to give 30-days notice.
Q. If you have been charged with a sex crime can you have possession of a firearm?
A: You have to be convicted of the crime. If you are just charged the judge may enter restrictions on bail but not likely. If you are convicted, most crimes have it to where you can't possess a firearm under federal law.
Q. Utah father's rights suspended didn't complete required classes. He wants a visit am I liable for anything if I let him?
A: It is a court order so if you go against it you could be found in contempt.
Q. Divorced w/ kids in Idaho. Now we all live in Utah. Does Utah claim jurisdiction now? (lived here over 6 months).
A: Utah has jurisdiction but you will need to transfer the Idaho decree to Utah.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Brian K. Jackson, LLC
341 S. Main St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Toll-Free: (801) 441-8922
Fax: (801) 534-1948