Free Consultation: (754) 800-5291Tap to Call This Lawyer
Antoine Dumas Jr.

Antoine Dumas Jr.

Your Protection & Prosperity Is Our Business
  • Business Law, Entertainment & Sports Law, Family Law...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Oakwood University
BA, Theology

Howard University School of Law
Doctor in Jurisprudence

Sports & Entertainment

Florida State Bar
Southern District of Florida

Pastor Dumas is a minister as well as the Owner and Founder of Talented Tenth Consulting & Legal Services, PLLC. He is also a proud member of the iconic Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

Antoine is a 2017-2019 Fellow of the Florida Bar's prestigious Business Law Section and serves on the Board of Directors for the Haitian Lawyer's Association.

Attorney Dumas is a devoted husband, and father of three extraordinary children. In his free time, Antoine enjoys playing basketball, reading and helping others be their best person they can be.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Entertainment & Sports Law
  • Family Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Trademarks
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 Minute Consultations. Click the link below to schedule an appointment now.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Haitian Creole: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Oakwood College
B.A. | Theology
Placeholder image for education.
Howard University School of Law
Howard University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar # 0126146
Activities: Business, Sports/Entertainment Sections
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Haitian Lawyers Association
Board of Directors
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Business Law Section of the FL Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Firm Website
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. What steps can I take to retrieve money that I loaned to a person who will not pay me back?
A: First of all, if this was a licensed counselor you went to it is illegal for him to ask you for a loan. Secondly, if he owes you money and you can prove that by contract you should definitely take him to court. Since the amount is for less than $5,000 I would suggest either filing a claim in Small Claims court and/or contacting the state licensing board that oversees his line of work. If you need additional help with any of those things, please let me know. P.S. It sounds like you're on the right path. Don't let jerks like your counselor veer you off. Working with the law, as you are doing, is always better than working against it in the long run. I wish you the best!
Q. Time Limit For Contesting Tickets/Fines?
A: Hi, First of all, I should say I'm sorry you had to go through all that you've been through and I am happy to hear that you are doing better now. As far as the ticket is concerned, that's one that could be thrown out quite effortlessly unless it has already been adjudicated. Unfortunately, if it hasn't already been adjudicated, there's probably a bench warrant out for your arrest. In that case you'd probably need a lawyer to set aside the warrant and enter a plea of not guilty on your behalf and then go from there.
Q. Tenant-at-will. Can i be evicted because the owner has sold the house?
A: Unfortunately, yes. If your boyfriend's aunt indeed has authority to sell the home (which isn't completely clear from your question) then the answer is yes. Anytime you live in a house you don't own you can be evicted, especially if there isn't a rental agreement in place as it appears is the case here. However, the manner in which she tries to evict you matters, rental agreement or not. If you want to make sure you're being evicted properly and being given sufficient time to move out, I should be able to help. Wish you the best!
Q. Is there a law firm or non-profit that specializes working with media owners (ex. NBC, Discovery, etc.) to archive TV?
A: If you're asking whether there are law firms who help individuals purchase the rights to media content in order to license, distribute, re-air, etc., the answer is a yes. My firm can do just that as well as many others.
Q. nonprofit club put in there bylaws preventing members of the club from doing personal business at club sponsored events
A: Hi, If you're asking whether this is legal, the short answer appears to be yes. Without seeing the bylaws it would be hard to give you a definite answer, but typically the bylaws and the Articles of Incorporation govern the affairs of Non-Profits unless prohibited by law. The simple solution, I think, would be to go the events, make connections and contact people regarding your business afterwards. Hope this helps!
Q. Can someone please review an agreement for my small business?
A: Congratulations on what seems like an amazing opportunity! If you're still looking for an attorney who can help you review the contract and/or assist with the negotiation, feel free to give me a call.
Q. Am being charge for water and sewer in the restaurant that we have in the food court. We been there 3 years.
A: It doesn't sound like they should be able to do that. I'd have to take a look at your contract to be sure. Feel free to contact my firm so we can discuss.
Q. Landlord's intent to lay claim to our damage deposit.
A: To answer your question, it depends. On a Month to Month contract, FL law requires you provide the LL with 15 days notice that you're moving out. Assuming you did NOT comply with that requirement, if the LL actually sent the letter, via certified mail, on 2/16 then his notice should be considered timely and potentially enforceable provided it contained all the necessary provisions. However, If you did provide adequate notice and you intend to dispute the LL's claim to your deposit, for any reason, you have 15 days from when you received the letter to object which would have been yesterday. Lastly, if you sent him a timely objection within the 15 days, your next step is to go to small claims court if the deposit is less than $5,000. If you need any additional help, my firm is available to assist. I wish you the best!
Q. After a rear end collision caused by backed up traffic on the crest of a hill I was issued a citation for careless
A: You would need to provide a little more information. Were you ticketed for rear-ending someone or for something else? Are you trying to determine if the ticket can be thrown out because of the misspelling of your last name? I'd suggest reaching out to an attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Broward Office
1451 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 300
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33069
Toll-Free: (754) 800-5291
Telephone: (754) 800-5291
Cell: (754) 800-5291
Fax: (754) 999-2140