Mr. Resnick is a highly skilled and experienced business litigator who concentrates on complex business litigation, non-competition covenant litigation, and arbitration matters. Mr. Resnick represents businesses in cases involving breach of contract, business torts, unfair competition, and intellectual property rights. Mr. Resnick has substantial Florida state court appellate experience with Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal and federal appellate experience with the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Resnick prides himself in keeping his clients well-informed throughout all phases of litigation, from initial consultation through summary judgment, settlement or trial, and appeal, if necessary. He is admitted to practice in all state courts in Florida and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Business Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Non-Compete Litigation
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Mavrick Law Firm
- Foreman Friedman, P.A.
- Commercial Litigation Attorney
- The Law Office of Andrew B. Peretz P.A.
- Litigation Attorney
- McCalla Raymer
- Robertson, Anschutz & Schneid, P.L.
- Law Clerk
- Nicaud & Sunseri Attorneys at Law
- Tulane University School of Law
- Rollins College
- Florida State Bar
- Jacob M. Resnick's Website Profile
- Mavrick Law Firm Website
- Florida Business Litigation Lawyer Blog
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS: UNDEFINED TERMS IN NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS MAY LIMIT THE PROTECTION AFFORDED BY THE CONTRACT
12 January 2020
- DEFENDING FLORIDA EMPLOYERS: DEFEATING BAD FAITH CLAIMS OF RETALIATION
8 January 2020
- FLORIDA TRADE SECRET AND NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT LITIGATION: TRADE SECRETS MUST BE CLOSELY GUARDED TO BE PROTECTABLE UNDER FLORIDA AND FEDERAL LAW.
3 January 2020
- FLORIDA BUSINESS LITIGATION: CORPORATE OWNERSHIP WHEN NO STOCK CERTIFICATES WERE ISSUED
31 December 2019
- FLORIDA TRADE SECRET LITIGATION: TRADE SECRET INJUNCTIONS MUST BE SPECIFIC ENOUGH FOR AN ORDINARY PERSON TO UNDERSTAND
27 December 2019
- FLORIDA NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS: ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS MAY NOT BE AWARDED FOR AIDING AND ABETTING VIOLATION OF NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS
22 December 2019
- FLORIDA EMPLOYMENT LAW: “REVERSE” AGE DISCRIMINATION IS NOT PROHIBITED UNDER FLORIDA OR FEDERAL LAW
18 December 2019
- FLORIDA BUSINESS LITIGATION: FLORIDA AND FEDERAL COURTS BROADLY INTERPRET AMBIGUOUS ARBITRATION CONTRACTS IN FAVOR OF REQUIRING ARBITRATION
15 December 2019
- FLORIDA TRADE SECRET LITIGATION: CLAIMS OF TRADE SECRET MISAPPROPRIATION MAY PREEMPT FILING ALTERNATIVE CLAIMS
13 December 2019