Free Consultation: (707) 450-5609Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony Regner

Anthony Regner

Solano County Criminal Defense and Family Law Lawyer
  • Criminal Law, Family Law, DUI & DWI ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Anthony Proffitt is an attorney located in Fairfield California. His practice areas are criminal defense and family law matters, including divorce, custody, visitation, and restraining orders. He has experience in debt collections and judgment enforcement as well. As a paralegal in the early 2000's, Anthony worked in a law firm located in Napa California that specialized in three strike laws and family matters. As a paralegal he opened his own business while working for the law firm and started assisting clients with affordable document preparation and filing for their legal matters. The attorney he worked for eventually became a judge and closed her office, and Anthony decided to change career paths. He became a correctional officer for Solano County Probation for nearly five years. He was honorably retired from this position due to an injury and he decided to pursue his career in the law. He passed law school and the bar on his first attempt and now provides affordable and reliable legal representation in Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Sacramento, Yolo, and surrounding counties.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 305552
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. If CP's has taken away rights from him how can I file to GI e him back rights
A: He can file a Request for Order (FL-300) in the court showing a change in circumstances and requesting a modification of custody.
Q. second time I have had to take emergency custody of my 8-5yr sons in 2yrs. Will a judge now give me permanent custody?
A: Custody is a tricky beast in California. The courts have a public policy to make order for a minor to maintain "frequent and constant contact with both parents." This can sometimes mean that even parents who you personally feel should not have their kids, will end up with custody. One exception to this policy is if the parents are a threat to their child's "health, safety, and/or welfare." Obviously, passed out drunk in the car with the kids qualifies as such a threat. However, this threat must be something that is ongoing, a one-time event, or even a series of events, could fall short of grounds to remove the child from the parent.

This is a very complicated question and many different factors would play into whether someone would get custody of a minor. Are you the other parent, a grandparent, friend, etc.?

Not really something that a quick short answer can solve.
... Read More
Q. I have overpaid 30K in child support. Can the overpayment be applied to future spousal support?
A: Yes, you can also request a refund. But make sure you work this out with the Department of Child Support Services before modifying any payments in the future.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Anthony Regner
724 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
Telephone: (707) 450-5609
Fax: (707) 471-0955