Free Consultation: (646) 450-4110Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony A. Ferrante

Anthony A. Ferrante

Brooklyn Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Personal Injury
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Anthony A. Ferrante is a New York based personal injury attorney who has dedicated his career seeking justice for those individuals who are injured through the fault of another. A partner at Levine and Wiss, PLLC, Anthony has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients through jury verdict, arbitration, mediation and settlements. He focuses on significant personal injury matters including construction site accidents, all manner of trip and fall and slip and fall accidents, including falls from ladders, sidewalk accidents, falls down stairs, falls within stores and other premises accidents, dog attacks, elevator malfunctions and motor vehicle collisions, as well as all types of municipal claims arising through the negligence of the City of New York, the New York City Transit Authority, the New York City Housing Authority and all other municipal entities. Mr. Ferrante’s success has been recognized with his recent selection as a New York Super Lawyer – Rising Star. Each year, only 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state are selected for this prestigious honor. Mr. Ferrante has also been named a Top 40 Under 40 attorney by the National Trial Lawyers, for superior qualifications, trial results and leadership.

Practice Area
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
St. John's University School of Law
Honors: Dean's List Graduate; C.A.L.I. Awards - Legal Writing I & II; Civil Procedure
Activities: American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
St. John's University School of Law Logo
Fordham University
Fordham University Logo
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
New York State Bar # 4461166
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. Hello, I cannot afford a lawyer, but I need one for a slip and fall case. Bayside, NY 11360
A: Good afternoon - Personal injury attorneys work on a contingent fee basis, which means that they do not get paid a fee unless they help you obtain a successfully money recovery. This site has helpful information with these types of claims: Good luck!
Q. Is it worth pursuing legal action after falling from the roof of my apartment building?
A: Given the extent of these injuries you should certainly contact an attorney. There are safety regulations within the City of NY regarding roof access and parapet walls. There have certainly been cases brought in the past for these types of scenarios. If this has happened before at this building you have a better argument. Many firms, including mine, offer free consultations.
Q. I fell in a grocery store and really hurt my knee. I am thinking of suing. How long do I have to file a claim?
A: As your accident occurred in what is likely a private grocery, the statute of limitations for negligence in New York State is three (3) years. And that’s measured from the date of the accident. This means that you must file a lawsuit three years from the date of the accident. Now, that doesn’t mean that you have three years to claim an injury from the date of the accident. All of these cases are dependent upon medical proof, so if you haven’t seen a doctor for 8 months regarding your knee injury, this three year window won’t really help you. This is because that long delay in treatment will make it difficult to prove that your injuries are actually related to the fall. You should contact a local attorney to discuss these matters further. Consultations are generally free. Here is a website I've created dealing with these types of accidents that may be able to answer additional questions that you have. Best of luck.
Q. I slipped and fell at my local grocery store, and have seriously injured my knee. Can I sue them for my doctor bills?
A: Whether or not you will have a successful case depends upon what actually caused you to fall. In a slip and fall case, you must first prove that there was some type of dangerous condition that existed in the store. And aside from that you must show that the people who run the store were aware of the condition and didn't do anything to fix it. This is the concept of notice which is very important in these types of cases. In some scenarios these grocery stores have what is called a med pay provision in their insurance policies. This may be helpful in getting your medical bills paid. The unfortunate reality, however, is that without an attorney you may be hard-pressed to get the insurance company to act at all. It is probably in your best interest to contact someone for a free consultation. Good luck!
Q. I think I have an injury claim against my landlord. How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
A: You have 3 years to file a lawsuit but it may be in your best interests to have the matter investigated much sooner than that. If, for instance, you fell down a set of stairs or due to a broken floor etc. you may need an engineer to inspect the condition and offer an opinion to help prove your claim. Good luck!
Q. I was injured in a car accident and am considering filing a lawsuit. What kind of compensation can I receive?
A: In New York, you are entitled to no-fault benefits which will pay for medical bills, time out of work and out of pocket expenses. These benefits (which usually last for anywhere from a few months to a year) are yours regardless of whether you caused the accident or not. The only requirement is that you file a no fault application with your insurance company within 30 days of the accident. As to money damages for "pain and suffering" you may or may not be entitled. In creating the no fault system discussed above our legislature included a requirement of "serious injury" in order to recover money from an car crash. In essence, they said that you can't sue for a mild bump or bruise because you already got your bills paid and time out of work through no fault. So the answer to your question is: it is impossible to tell. If your injuries are serious, then you may be entitled to compensation. How much will depend on a number of factors including the type of injury, the extent and nature of your treatment, the insurance company you are dealing with, any prior issues with the same body party, etc etc. Good luck!
Q. I had fell on my cement patio. Due to the cement was above ground. Lots of pain X-rays. Hud apt. Do I have to pay bills
A: In any trip and fall accident
Q. I was hit by a mall security guard and my car was damaged.
A: Here in NY you can sue for "damage" which generally means what you've lost. In the context of a car crash damages will usually be limited to the damage to your vehicle and the damage to your body. So if you have injuries, you would be able to bring a claim for that. NY does allow for "treble" damages (money) if you can prove that the other driver was reckless, but that is a very high standard an likely not attainable given your facts. If you've sustained injuries you should seek out a local injury attorney and give them a call. Good luck.
Q. My dad backed into my car and I was injured.
A: Yes. They may investigate the claim to make sure that it was not a staged accident. Unless their investigation discloses some funny business they should cover the claim. In addition to property damage, you are entitled to bring a claim for no fault benefits with the insurance carrier for your own car (whether or not it's different from your father's). No fault will pay for your medical bills, out of pocket costs and lost time from work. If your injuries are significant and require medical treatment over a course of time, you may be able to bring a claim for injuries. Best of luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Brooklyn Slip and Fall Personal Injury Lawyer
455 Utica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Telephone: (646) 450-4110
Long Island Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
510 Hempstead Turnpike
Suite 206
West Hempstead, NY 11552
Telephone: (516) 366-1610