Free Consultation: (323) 577-5002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amber Hardy

Amber Hardy

Amber Hardy Law
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I have been an attorney about 6 years. I have practiced Criminal and Immigration Law in the private sector and for a few years as a Public Defender. I have had valuable training and handled misdemeanor case up to serious felonies and murder cases. I have also handled removal proceedings/deportation, family petitions and green card/citizenship applications. I love what I do. I handle each case personally so the attorney you meet with is the same one in court with you. I believe it is important you have consistent, caring and zealous representation no matter the case.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    I will sit down and take to time to discuss your case and options to determine if I can help you before charging you.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Amber Hardy Law
- Current
Public Defender
San Bernardino Public Defender
California Western School of Law
J.D. (2011) | Law
Activities: California Innocence Project
California Western School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 286027
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. Pulled over for public drinking!?
A: Good afternoon. For the two that are on probation, if it is formal probation with a probation officer one of the terms is that you report police contact. If it were to come up later and you had not reported it, then it could be a problem. If it is informal probation there is no need to do anything.
Q. Can my son be convicted with robbery if he had no knowledge the passenger was going to jump out and rob a guy w/ a gun
A: I would really need more information. It depends a lot on if there is any evidence he had knowledge or if he maybe did or said something after. It also depends with his co defendant says. He needs to get an attorney and get help as this is a serious charge. I offer a free consultation if you want to contact me with more detail so I can advise better.
Q. Can I change attorneys at trial readiness for felony in California?
A: Yes, however depending how long the case has been going on the court may not allow the attorney time to get ready so you would need to talk to the potential new attorney to have them evaluate if they could get more time and if they could be prepared if the judge denied a continuance.
Q. Strong asylum case?
A: It could be yes. I would need a little more information. I would highly suggest you get an immigration attorney to help you. Feel free to contact me and maybe I can help.
Q. Can i post bail for my boyfriend if he is illigal and was detained due to mariguana and meth?
A: Is the case in CA or AZ. If it is in CA I can help with the criminal and immigration. If it is in AZ I can only help with the immigration. As for posting bail he may have an ICE hold or get one when you post and would then be held for immigration to pick up so bail is tricky. Please feel free to contact me so I can get more information and help. 323-577-5002.
Q. I would like to know if my future husband qualifies for a green card. he had a Transit visa and it expired when he came?
A: Good afternoon. It is very possible he could qualify but I would need more information. Please contact me at 323-577-5002 or to discuss.
Q. My questions related with regard of Visa to us and asylums
A: I would need to get a little more information but if you had to leave and go back to the country you are claiming asylum from that could be a problem and you need to talk to an attorney to figure out the best way to handle it. That being said it would not be impossible. Also, if your interview had not been scheduled you may not have missed it yet. A visa will not work if the reason you are coming is due to fear. Your husband of course may also come to the US and apply for Asylum if he has fear. Feel free to contact me and I will do a free consultation to ask the questions I need to know and help you determine your options. 323-577-5002 or
Q. Can I be locked up for a bench warrant over 2years I didn't was issued
A: Good afternoon. It will depend a lot on what the warrant is for. This is a case where I would strongly recommend talking to an attorney who may be able to try and recall the warrant without you present or can help prep you for what to do when going in and have everything prepared to try and keep you out. Feel free to contact me and I can give you a free consultation to look over everything and determine how to proceed. 323-577-5002 or
Q. My son was arrested for DUI with a BAC of .07. The limit for DUI is .08. will his be reduced or dropped possibly?
A: Good afternoon. There are a lot of variable that come into play for your sons case. He may get lucky and the case may not get filed. However, there are actually 2 laws. One is a blood alcohol of .08 or higher and the other is driving under the influence which can be charged regardless of his blood alcohol level. It will also depend if he did any testing in the field where his BAC was higher. I would recommend contacting an attorney to discuss the case.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Amber Hardy Law
200 N. Tustin Ave.
Ste. 110
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Telephone: (323) 577-5002