Free Consultation: (877) 652-0183Tap to Call This Lawyer
Adam Alexander

Adam Alexander

Consumer Lawyer Michigan
  • Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Foreclosure Defense...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

The Alexander Law Firm specializes Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act, (FCRA), Michigan Lemon, Debtor Defense, Spot Delivery and “Yo-Yo” cases, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, (TCPA), and other consumer protection and employment cases. Attorneys on staff also handle criminal defense cases of any kind. We have the experience and tools necessary defend you, prosecute debt collectors, creditors and furnishers of credit who are harassing consumers and derogating their credit reports.

Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Most consumer cases involve "fee-shifting" laws that allow me to recover attorney fees from the Defendant(s)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
6th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Alexander Law Firm
- Current
MSU College of Law
J.D. (1996)
Michigan State University
B.A. (1988) | Pre-Law
Professional Associations
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Michigan State Bar # 53584
- Current
Articles & Publications
Michigan Lemon Law: Calculating the Repurchase
Adam Alexander
How To Dispute Inaccurate Credit
Speaking Engagements
Ask The Lawyer, Community House, 380 S Bates St, Birmingham, Michigan
Ask the Lawyer
Open community event to provide an opportunity for Michigan residents to consult with local attorneys regarding various legal issues
National Association of Consumer Advocates
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
80 Questions Answered

Q. Can Amazon be sued for identity theft? I keep getting rejections from Chase bank for Amazon credit I never applied for.
A: Have you completed an identity theft report and affidavit? If not, I suggest you do so. You can find one on the Federal Trade Commission website. You should also file a police report. After you've done this, I suggest you send dispute letters to all three credit bureaus and enclosed the ID theft affidavit and police report. Demand that they delete the inquiries. I would also send letters to Chase and Amazon by certified mail including all of the above information. You could hire a lawyer to help you. but this is something you should be able to do yourself. Can you sue Amazon for identity theft? Probably not successfully. However, after you've completed the above, you may have a cause of action if they continue to report these inquiries.
Q. How you doing I want to turn myself in on a criminal charge how do I do that
A: I strongly suggest you consult with a lawyer before turning yourself in. A lawyer will need to know the charges, possible defenses, the jurisdiction and whether you have any priors before giving you advice.
Q. Does officer lack probable cause after SFst if his decision to arrest will be based on pbt
A: Your question needs more detail. And that detail should NOT be published here. You need to contact a seasoned criminal defense lawyer and review the facts and your legal options. Generally speaking, probable cause is a complex legal issue that is interpreted by hundreds of legal cases. Your specific scenario must be reviewed by an attorney .
Q. I need a lawyer that deals with identity theft issues. Anyone know of someone in Michigan?
A: Has this affected your credit? Are you getting collection letter or responsible for any debt?
Q. I'm being sued for medical bills. Asked for reduced offer & monthly payments was told no. What can I do?
A: You have a few options. Have you considered bankruptcy? If you significant unsecured (credit cards, collection accounts) debt, I suggest you consult with a bankruptcy lawyer. Do you deny the debt or can you object to the amount of the alleged balance? If so, you can fight. Hiring a lawyer is often too expensive for consumers so if that is not an option, do the best you can. If you have already filed bankruptcy or do not wish to do so, and you have no defense to the debt, I suggest you show up in court and provide your financial information as requested in the subpoena. Judges will sometimes convince creditors to enter into installment arrangements. However, the judge could just as likely permit them to take a judgment and begin collection activity. Your goal is obviously to avoid garnishment. Since the creditor will not take anything less than full payment, your only strategy (with the exception of bankruptcy) is to show up in court and see what happens.
Q. I am sued in small claims and I have questions about the paperwork that I received from the plaintiff's attorney.
A: Hire a lawyer. That's the best advice I can give you. Litigation is complex and you are at a distinct disadvantage against an attorney. The answers to your questions are also complex and require knowledge of the Michigan Court Rules, Rules of Evidence, and case law interpretation.
Q. What do you do if you are sold a new 2019 vehicle that is defected and it's not fixable? What should we expect next?
A: Michigan's Lemon has strict requirements regarding the number of repairs required to qualify as a "Lemon": It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to repair a defect or condition if 1 of the following occurs: a) The same defect or condition that substantially impairs the use or value of the new motor vehicle to the consumer has been subject to repair a total of 4 or more times by the manufacturer or new motor vehicle dealer within 2 years of the date of the first attempt to repair the defect or condition. b) The new motor vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days or parts of days during the term of the manufacturer's express warranty, or within 1 year from the date of delivery to the original consumer, whichever is earlier. I suggest you contact a Lemon Law attorney in Michigan to review the repair history in detail and discuss your legal options. Keep in mind that if the vehicle does not qualify as a "Lemon", your brother still may have other legal recourse for breach of warranty, violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, as well as other causes of action.
Q. Can a used car lot deny a potential buyer the right to have a vehicle inspected by an independent party?
A: The Federal Trade Commission has some good advice about buying a used car here: The seller is NOT required to allow an inspection. While I woudn't personally purchase a used vehicle without a prior inspection, there may be some compelling reasons for denying the inspection, (liability, inconvenience), particularly if the vehicle is below the $5,000 price point.
Q. Was suing a coll agency for FDCPA under Sec 806, 807(b) and 809 (b). They've filed a not of removal to fed. look st law
A: The State law covering the alleged violations depends on whether the "collection agency" is a lawyer/law firm or not. Don't get caught suing under the wrong statute. I suggest you contact an experienced FDCPA lawyer to discuss your legal options in more detail.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
17200 W. Ten Mile Rd., Ste. 200
Southfield, MI 48075
Toll-Free: (877) 652-0183
Telephone: (248) 246-6353
Fax: (248) 246-6353
26025 Palace Lane, Ste. 201
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Telephone: (727) 484-0608
Cell: (248) 496-7950
Fax: (248) 496-7950