Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
- Antitrust Law
- Chinese: Spoken, Written
- English: Spoken, Written
- DePaul College of Law
- Illinois State Bar # 6324904
Websites & Blogs
11 Questions Answered
- Q. I want to trademark "outy" for an outdoor brand, however "innies and outies" is trademarked, will it be infringing?
- A: Hi the "innies n' outies" was trademarked under the category of appearances. If you are trademarking outy under different class of goods, it is likely that you can get it.
- Q. Can a Trademark be owned by more than one person or entity ?
- A: Hi, yes a trademark can be owned than one person but it is not recommended.
- Q. How much does it cost to trademark my business name for worldwide?
- A: Hi, the cost depends on the country you would like to apply for your trademark. For instance, if you would like to apply for trademark at Dubai, it would be very expensive and you won't be able to do it via WIPO.
- Q. In regards to copyright question I just sent and was answered we are both a coffee shop
- A: Hi you also need to find out whether the other party registered its logo with the USPTO already. If not, it may not be able to enforce its rights of the mark in another state.
- Q. If something is copyrighted on their web page in another state and my artwork is similar. What determines how similar
- A: Hi, you description of the issue seems you are talking about trademark rather than copyright. If you are concerning about use of similar logo, you may consider not only how similar the logo (the mark) is, but also the service/goods that you both deal with in the commerce.
- Q. what's the best way to start? I Have My Logo which I Design,I Want To Make tees / caps with my logo I Dont Have Any TM
- A: Hi, if you already have the design of the logo, you need to ask a lawyer or agent to help you search whether other similar/same logo existing.
- Q. If I register a trademark, how long will that last? When do I have to renew it?
- A: Hi, a trademark can last forever, as long as you are using it in the commerce and renew it with the Office. Around every 5 years, you need to file Declaration of Use and every ten years you need to "renew" it with the USPTO.
- Q. I want to create a book for children, with unique characters. Is this able to be copyright on my own and how do i do it?
- A: Hi, yes. First, when you create a book or a piece of art on your own idea, technically you have the copyright. However you can also register it with the US Copyright Office in order to enforce your right, i.e. suing other people if they fringe on your right. It is simple and you don't need a lawyer to do that.
- Q. Fat Albert is Trademarked for the image in use with clothing. Can I sell Health products using the name without issue?
- A: Well you may not have issue of likelihood of confusion. But you may have issue that the mark is not a registerable term for the goods.
Contact & Map