Over 30 years ago, Bill Wilson began his legal career along side his dad, James T. Wilson and practiced with him until his passing in 2008. Bill carries on the legacy of compassionate, expert legal counsel concentrating in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Business Succession, Medicaid Planning and Estate Planning for Families that have Children with Disabilities.
Bill feels a “profound obligation to provide counsel that ensures the safety of the hard earned assets of families.”
He extends that obligation outside of his practice too. Currently, he serves as President of Aging Care Connections Board, a not-for-profit agency in La Grange, Illinois that services the needs of the older adult, as well as a member of the Economic Development and Strategic Planning Committees. He is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Chicago Bar Association Committees on Trust Law, Asset Protection and Elder Law. He is also a member of Illinois State Bar Association Standing Committee on Law Office Management and Economics. He is the past president of Helping Hand Center, an agency serving persons with disabilities, and also of the local chapter of the American Cancer Society. He currently serves on the board of the LaGrange, Illinois Kiwanis International organization.
Bill is a charter member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners and is also a guardian and trustee for a disabled adult.
He received his B.A.in history at the University of Texas at Austin, with high honors, and graduated from Northwestern School of Law. He continues to present seminars on Elder Law, Estate Planning, Asset Protection and Special Needs Planning throughout the Chicago area. He has also written several articles on these topics and has been quoted in US News and World Report and in 2011 was named one of Chicago’s Top Wealth Managers as listed in Chicago Magazine.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Free Consultation
Free consultation for estate planning
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept MasterCard and Visa
- Wilson & Wilson
- - Current
- Northwestern University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- The University of Texas School of Law
- B.A. | History
- Chicago’s Top Wealth Managers
- Chicago Magazine
- Illinois State Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Charter Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Chicago Bar Association
- Veterans Aid and Attendance Certified
- U.S. Department of Veteran's Administration
- William S. Wilson's Website Profile
- Wilson & Wilson Website
- Illinois Estate Planning and Elder Law Blog
- Here’s how to pick the executor of your estate. It may not be the person you think.
9 November 2019
- 4 Ways to Help Clients Control Their Digital Afterlife
1 November 2019
- Here are the Top Estate Planning Mistakes to Avoid
18 October 2019
- Estate Planning When You Have a Stepfamily
4 October 2019
- When You’re Gone, What Happens to Your Pets?
27 September 2019
- Estate Planning Considerations for Every Stage of Life
17 September 2019
- Retirement, Estate Planning: Documents You Should Have
6 September 2019
- What Is Probate and How Can You Avoid It?
27 August 2019
- Cryptocurrencies: An Estate Planning Conundrum
16 August 2019