Free Consultation: (303) 297-7729Tap to Call This Lawyer
William Foster

William Foster

Best Rates for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
  • Bankruptcy, Business Law
  • Colorado, Wyoming
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Best Rates for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Colorado. I make the process of filing bankruptcy fast, easy, and affordable while providing a high level of service. Call me and you will see for yourself how I immediately go out of my way to help you. Unlike the large firms, my clients always have direct access to their attorney. This is the only firm to include post bankruptcy credit repair advice. As such, my clients rebuild their much credit faster than the national average for bankruptcy filers. I cater my services to those who need it the most. I do everything I can to keep my overhead low and pass the savings to my clients. By operating an efficient-no-frills law office I save my clients hundreds of dollars in attorney fees. My flat-fee rates are based on the level of difficulty. Some bankruptcy petitions are complex. Most are not. I provide a free initial consultation to prospective bankruptcy clients along with a fixed-fee agreement. I will not pressure you to file and I will it leave entirely up to you whether to continue.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Business Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Castle Meinhold & Stawiarski, LLC
Reserve Officer
U.S. Marine Corps
U.S. Small Business Administration
University of Wyoming College of Law
University of Wyoming College of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Association
Bankruptcy Subsection
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
Attorney Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Computer Examiner
CyberTrail, LLC
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. If I file for bankruptcy, will the government go after my spouse's assets as well as my own?
A: In general, the filing of your bankruptcy will have no impact on your spouse's separate assets. Only your individual assets and joint assets may be subject to liquidation. If a debtor recently transferred assets to a spouse (or any other insider) to avoid liquidation of those assets in bankruptcy that could be seen as an avoidable transfer. In other cases, the trustee may consider certain assets to be joint assets even if you are not on title. For example, if you have been helping to pay the mortgage on a home but you are not on title, that could be an issue in the bankruptcy.
Q. How do I clear an expired judgement lien in Colorado from 2010? Lien not renewed. Shows on court record as unsatisfied.
A: If you file bankruptcy, the judgment lien may be removed by filing a motion to void the lien with the bankruptcy court. The lien is not automatically removed by filing bankruptcy. Whether the lien can be voided in whole or in part depends on the balance of the lien, other encumbrances (e.g. mortgages), the exemption amount and the amount of equity in the home. An attorney can advise you on how to proceed.
Q. I am a co signer on my daughters car. She is filing bankruptcy and will include the car. Will I still be liable?
A: The bankruptcy filing will have no impact on your obligation on the loan.
Q. I was told that lawyers fees ordered by family court can no longer be written off in a bankruptcy in Arizona.
A: The obligation to pay the other party's legal fees related to a divorce case may be seen as a type of family support obligation. You are freeing up the father's income by taking over his obligation. It is an indirect form of family support. The same is true for any other debts you were ordered to pay for which the father would otherwise be responsible for. I suggest you consult with a lawyer in your jurisdiction. This is a complicated area of the bankruptcy code.
Q. Are there any pro bono lawyers for first time filing of bankruptcy?
A: The only office in Colorado that provides free legal services does not represent bankruptcy filers. They mostly focus on leasing issues. There are several attorneys in the Denver area who offer reasonable fixed fees for simple chapter 7, my office included. I do not recommend using a petition preparer because you will be considered a pro se filer. You will not be prepared for the meeting of creditors. Filing bankruptcy is not as simple as completing some paperwork. Many pro se cases are dismissed or end up costing the debtor more than they would have paid in attorney's fees. There are many reasons for this but the primary reason is because the petition preparers do not understand how to apply the exemptions and cannot provide legal advice.
Q. Filed chapter 7, received full no asset discharge. Now have a couple of collection agencies attempting to collect debts.
A: An attorney can assist you in filing a complaint with the bankruptcy court for violation of the discharge order. Most attorneys, including myself, will represent these cases on a contingency basis. If proven, the court will determine the amount of damages you are entitled to.
Q. Is there any way to file for bankruptcy so I can get rid of my college loans?
A: Discharging student loans is very difficult unless you can prove undue hardship. To prove undue hardship you must file bankruptcy, list the student loans, and file a separate motion against the student loan provider. This will start an adversarial proceeding in bankruptcy court and the matter will be set for trial. The lender will fight the motion to discharge the student loans. If you are disabled and unable to work, you may have a chance. Speak with an attorney.
Q. I would like to file bankruptcy on vehicle that is under me and ex-boyfriend.
A: Yes, you will no longer be liable for the loan if you include the auto loan in the bankruptcy. Your ex will remaining liable. The bankruptcy will not affect the title to the vehicle. You should contact the DMV regarding removing yourself from title.
Q. How do i report a storw in colorado that wont let me use bathroom i have IBS
A: Stores are not required to provide bathrooms to customers.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Consumer Law Pro
2851 S Parker Rd, Suite 1158
Aurora, CO 80014
Telephone: (303) 297-7729
Consumer Law Pro
90 Madison St. #102
Denver, CO 80206
Telephone: (720) 466-5144