Walter B Shurden Jr.Walter B. Shurden, P.L.
- Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
Walt Shurden is a Florida Board Certifed Elder Law Attorney and a former Georgia CPA who used to audit nursing homes and hopitals for a Medicare contractor. Now he represents families who seek Medicaid and VA eligibility because they need help paying for the high cost of long term care. He devises estate plans and asset protection plans for his clients. He also serves as fiduciary, and represents other fiduciaries in probate and trust administration proceedings. All four staff members are experienced and have been with the firm for over 10 years.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
If you're in need of a detailed assessment of your long term care needs call our office to schedule a consultation. The initial consultation is not a sales meeting. We are working for an hour at that appointment and after gathering information from you, we explain specific strategies that you can put into place for your family. We charge $300 for the initial consultation.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney in private practice
- Walter B. Shurden, P.L.
- Mr. Shurden and his staff of four have represented many hundreds of families in how to protect their assets and income by qualifying for public benefits and careful estate planning.
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- Law Degree obtained after working 6 years as a Georgia Certified Public Accountant
- The Florida Bar  # 0156360
- Steps to Becoming Medicaid Eligible
- Walt Shurden
- Board Certified Elder Law
- Florida Bar Association
Our mission at Walt Shurden Elder Law is to help you take care of your most vulnerable family members, whether it's your parent or your spouse who's facing long term care or a period of incapacity. There is a certain amount of financial worries that goes with the period of ineligibility in the need for long term care and our mission is to address that for you and represent your interests and your family's interests.