Since 1994, I have aggressively defended OWI and criminal cases throughout Wisconsin. My practice is statewide, focusing solely on drunk driving, criminal and traffic defense. I have successfully defended hundreds of OWI cases. I have been the lead attorney on more than 350 OWI jury trials.My years of experience practicing in Wisconsin and my former law clerk experience have given me a unique perspective from both sides of the aisle. I fully understand the necessity of having the representation of a qualified attorney in an OWI case.
Prior to working in Wisconsin, I was a law clerk for the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. My job was to assist in implementing the OWI implied consent law in Nebraska, and I worked with the administrative law judges in conducting administrative OWI hearings.
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Discount provided for Veterans and Active Military Members. Payment Plans Available
- Wisconsin Court System
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- J.D. (1994) | Law
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
- B.A. (1991) | Public Administration and Political Science
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- - Current
- Q. I got an OWI and am underage. Will I lose my license? I live in Wisconsin.
- A: The revocation will depend specifically on how you were charged. There are mitigating penalties if you are charged with an “underage” OWI as opposed to an “adult” OWI, for lack of better terms. You should call an attorney. Have your citation available. I do provide free consultations, if you would like to give me a call feel free (877) 384-1384. My practice extends to all counties in the state of Wisconsin.
- Q. How do I find a lawyer that can help me with my license and 3rd owi. When I live in Wisconsin but had an IL license?
- A: You will need an attorney who can help you navigate Illinois separate from your new charges in Wisconsin. My office would be happy to provide a consultation for the Wisconsin charges. We have an attorney we can refer you to to consult in illinois that also practices in DUI matters and working with those who need to navigate through the Illinois DOT and reinstatement/revocation issues. Feel free to give me a call (877) 384-1384.
- Q. How can I get having ignition interlock removed from my court order seeing I already did it?
- A: There are steps you must take to satisfy the requirements Wisconsin imposed at the time of the conviction. I would need further information regarding the length of time Wisconsin ordered the Ignition Interlock Device to be installed vs how long Michigan required the device on your vehicle to determine if any credit was applied or is due. Feel free to contact my office for to discuss this more in depth.