Wade Iverstine is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2014 and practices in the business, corporate and real estate groups. Wade advises investors and lenders in all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisition and project financing, leasing, land use, site inspection, survey and title insurance issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Wade practiced with a commercial bankruptcy firm, where he represented debtors, creditors, commercial landlords, and real estate investors in insolvency workouts, litigation and transactional matters. After law school, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Patrick M. Flatley of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia. During law school, he interned with the Honorable James J. Brady of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, and with the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
Wade is listed as a Rising Star by Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2016-2019.
Wade earned his B.A. from Louisiana State University in 2004. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2008, where he was a member of the Elder Law Journal and earned CALI awards in Corporate Reorganizations in Bankruptcy and Public Sector Labor Law.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Kean Miller LLP
- - Current
- Steffes Vingiello & McKenzie, LLC
- Law Clerk
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- University of Illinois College of Law
- J.D. (2008)
- Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge
- B.A. (2004)
- Rising Star
- Louisiana Super Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Introducing a New Risk for Louisiana Loans Supported by Upstream and Cross-Stream Security: The Ten-Year Revocatory Action
- Louisiana Law Blog
- National Business Institute Seminar, Real Estate Transactions Made Painless and Efficient-Fundamental Considerations of a Real Estate Transaction
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Act No. 88 Creates an Intent-Based Transfer Avoidance Action
- Around the Bar
- Wade R. Iverstine's Website Profile
- Kean Miller LLP Website
- Louisiana Law Blog
- Recent Department of Labor Audits a Good Reminder to Understand the Law and Follow Best Practices
8 November 2019
- Kean Miller’s Insurance Recovery Team Helps Secure a Big Win for Louisiana Insureds at the Louisiana Supreme Court
23 October 2019
- Missouri District Court Rules That PSD Violations Can Be Addressed By Imposing Controls At Company Facilities Other Than The Facility Violating PSD
16 October 2019
- Comments on Social Media Could be Costly Under HIPAA
14 October 2019
- Patient Phone Calls, To Record or Not to Record?
30 September 2019
- U.S. Third Circuit Rules Pipeline Company’s Eminent Domain Rights Under Natural Gas Act Limited by Sovereign Immunity
26 September 2019
- The Final OT Rules Are Out – Time For Action (Again)!
24 September 2019
- Who You Affiliate with Could Jeopardize Your Medicare Enrollment
16 September 2019
- Ag Lenders and Vendors: The Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019 Opens Chapter 12 Bankruptcy to More Farmers
11 September 2019