I am a 1999 graduate of the University of South Dakota School of Law. While in law school, Iserved as a lobby intern for Tieszen Law Office during the summers of 1997 and 1998.
Upon passing the Bar Examination, I became associated with Carlson Law Office where I practiced until 2001. In 2001, I joined the South Dakota Division of Insurance where I served as a staff attorney. In March of 2002, I began working for JS Midwest Structured Settlements where I assisted trial lawyers in utilizing structured settlements while negotiating civil cases. I am insurance licensed in nine states and now the owner of JS Midwest Structured Settlements. In December 2005, I opened Fischer Law Firm. In June 2007, I joined Tieszen Law Office. In January 2019, I opened Fischer Law Office.
I am admitted to the South Dakota Supreme Court, United States Federal District Court, District of South Dakota and United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- State Bar of South Dakota  # 3042