Free Consultation: (503) 990-7672Tap to Call This Lawyer
Virgil Royer

Virgil Royer

Handling Personal Injury cases in Salem, Beaverton, Portland & throughout Or
  • Personal Injury, Divorce, Family Law
  • Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Virgil Royer, a graduate of the Willamette School of Law, practices law to assist people navigate through and successfully put behind the difficult times in their life. Mr. Royer represents people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents and any accident that was caused by someone else's negligence. He enjoys helping people receive the compensation that they deserve. Mr. Royer will pursue your matter to trial to get a just award. Mr. Royer stays active within his community and enjoys doing all he can to pursue justice for his clients.

ROYER & ASSOCIATES and their staff are dedicated to assisting their clients and always strive to obtain the best possible outcome for each client. If you have been involved in an accident caused by someone's else's negligence, you need to speak with a law firm right away. Even if you elect to not retain an attorney, you will be better informed and more knowledgeable able the possible relief you are entitled to.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation for personal injury matters, only
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I work on a contingency basis for personal injury matters, only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Matters: There is a consultation fee for all cases that are not personal injury related.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Royer & Associates Attorneys at Law
Willamette University College of Law
J.D. (2011)
Willamette University College of Law Logo
Trial Advocacy Award
Willamette University College of Law
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar  # 115098
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Digital Data, Evidence, and Ethical Assistance for Lawyers , OALI Continuing Education Seminar
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. I am uninsured driver and my car was smashed by an insured driver who ran a red light
A: Yes. That's the quick answer. It appears that you have a very easy claim with regard to liability. If someone runs through a red light and smashes into your car, it is hard to think of a situation where they are not at-fault. The fact that you are not insured means that you cannot recover for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, etc. You can recover for your economic losses which are things like medical bills, lost wages, and damage to your property, such as your car. It is always best to ensure that you insure! Best wishes moving forward, and I hope you are doing well physically. Remember you can get medical bills paid and there may be PIP, (Personal Injury Protection) to pay medical expenses, available from the at-fault driver's insurance carriers. This is worth checking into.
Q. I was in a fender bender where I rear ended someone, now I’m being sent to collections and they say my license will be
A: First, the collection agency is collecting a debt. They are not the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and have no power to suspend your driving privilege. Second, you mentioned "grace" period. Did your insurance company deny coverage for this accident even though you just bought the car? The grace period would be if you had an existing policy in effect for other car, but just purchased another one. Did you check if the seller of the car had insurance that was still valid and in effect on 4/21/2020? With regard to the DMV, you required to file a report within 72 hours of the accident if the damage to the vehicle is $1,500.00 and towed, or if there is an injury. Third, you may need to seek the advice of attorney with regard to the collections process. It seems too soon for them to have a judgment against you in court. You should be sure to comply with all DMV requirements. You may want to consult an attorney about those or go to the DMV website and read about your rights and responsibilities. I know it seems tough right now, just continue to do your best and you will get through this. These are stressful times, and if you never give up, you will make it.
Q. My wife just got in a accident with my 2 month old son in the car with a unlicensed driver who was only 15.
A: I am very sorry this accident happened to your family. I am glad everyone seems fine--except for bumps and bruises. It is difficult to tell from this question who might be at-fault. If the brakes were not working due to failure to fix them, knowing they were in need of repair, that could be an issue. On the other hand, if the need to stop was based on the negligence of the other driver--i.e., pulling out in front of your wife and 2 month old son, then there could be a viable claim against the at-fault driver. Due to the age of the driver, there may be some liable to the legal guardian of the 15-year old. I could not tell if your wife and child were in the car with the 15 year-old driver. If so, your wife may want to be more careful than placing a child in a car with an young, unlicensed driver. There may be some more insurance available depending on the circumstances. If anyone in the accident was hurt enough to seek medical care, there should be 15K per person in Personal Insurance Protection (PIP). You should ask about a PIP claim from your insurance carrier, or if you don't have insurance, the insurance that you have reported to. It is accepted by nearly all doctors and hospitals. It would be important to ensure your child is thoroughly checked out by qualified medical professional. Your wife might want to discuss this matter with an attorney. They could help guide her through the process. If your wife and child have claims they could pursue, then she will know their rights, obligations, and hopefully you will all gain a little peace of mind.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Royer & Associates
380 Madrona Avenue S
Salem, OR 97302
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Fax: (503) 296-5693
111 SW 5th Avenue Suite 3150
Portland, OR 97204
Telephone: (503) 990-7672
Cell: (503) 816-9233
Fax: (503) 296-5693