Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Hit and Run
- Driver License Suspension
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Theft Crimes
- Whistleblower Claims
- Weapons charge
- Qui Tam Litigation
- Juvenile Crime
Virtual or in person meetings available After the initial free consultation, additional time requires a fee, which will be put in writing. Potential clients with criminal defense cases are provided a FREE lawyer consultation, as do personal injury cases. This can be a virtual meeting on DUO, Facetime, ZOOM, GoToMeeting or other video conferencing tool.
- Credit Cards Accepted
It is illegal to charge criminal fees on a contingency, but on our personal injury cases, our attorneys in Mississippi do charge our fees on a contingency basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- The Mississippi Bar
- English: Spoken, Written
- Senior Partner
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A.
- - Current
- I have always been a private attorney in MS, and never a prosecutor.
- Mississippi College School of Law
- J.D. (1980) | Law
- Mississippi State University
- B.A. (1965) | Criminology
- The Irwin-Taylor Award.
- National College for DUI Defense
- The National College for DUI Defense twenty five years ago by ten founding Regents to provide the highest quality training for DUI Lawyers around the country. There are now over two thousand members nationwide and in Canada. The award is bestowed at the direction of the current Board of Regents to the Lawyer who has contributed the most to the college and to the Driving under the Influence law practice. The Irwin-Taylor designation has been awarded twelve times previously during the twenty five year history and this was the thirteenth such designation.
- Inaugural Class for Mississippi Leaders in lLaw
- Mississippi Business Journal
- The Mississippi Business polled the legal profession to publish the first class of Lawyers who have demonstrated their leadership in various sections of the legal practice. This award is given yearly to other Lawyers demonstrating leadership in their area of Law.
- Mississippi State Bar
Articles & Publications
- Mississippi DUI Law and Practice
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings
- Aspatore Books a division of Thompson/west Books
- NCDD (the National College of DUI Defense) , Summer Session , Cambridge MA
- DUI Legal seminar
- Board certified as a DUI Trial Lawyer
- American Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
- Vic Carmody's Website Profile
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A. Website
- Mississippi Criminal Law Blog
3 Questions Answered
- Q. In MS, does each individual criminal charge come with a different case number? such as 20-20-###.
- A: An indictment can have multiple counts (charges) listed under the same cause number. For example, at the top will be the cause number (Cause No 2020-1234) and below will be each charge (Count I - Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Count II - Possession of Controlled Substance, etc.) Each count will outline the law and the facts and circumstances alleging the violation. For more information, please contact an attorney to further discuss this matter in more datails.
- Q. What is the law concerning I left my car on side of the road overnight and sheriff department had it towed
- A: Depending upon the location of the vehicle, this abandoned vehicle may have been a traffic hazard. This would permit a police officer to clear a potential accident hazard from the shoulder of the road. Most wait 12 hours or more.
- Q. The officer who arrested me for dwi was arrested himself for dwi with a crash that nearly killed woman what can i do?
- A: Your arrest was not part of the same incident as his later DWI arrest in New Hampshire. You need a well-connected attorney in your state to look at all the facts of YOUR case. The only likely benefit from the arresting officer's pending DWI is that he may be terminated as a law enforcement officer and not be available to act as the necessary witness to your DUI-DWI crime. I suggest you contact DWI lawyer Ryan Russman, 603-772-3433, and tell him that Vic Carmody from Jackson MS sent you.
Contact & Map