V. Joy Edwards

V. Joy Edwards

The Edwards Law Group
  • Family Law, Divorce, Estate Planning ...
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Edwards is a well known experienced Atlanta divorce attorney and an excellent litigator. This means if your case calls for aggressive litigation skills, Ms Edwards is the perfect advocate for you.

Ms. Edwards spent three years as the Staff Attorney for two judges in the State Court of Cobb County. That experience has been invaluable in helping her hone her litigation skills and courtroom decorum. It is not often that you can find an attorney to represent you who has had experience from both sides of the bench.

After graduating from Law School, Ms. Edwards was employed at a firm in Marietta, Georgia practicing Family Law. Ms. Edwards quickly fell in love with the field and has since dedicated her professional career obtaining the skills and knowledge necessary to best represent her clients in every aspect of their case.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Juvenile Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Adoption
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Grandparents Visitation
  • Second Parent Adoption
  • Legitimation
  • Establishment of Paternity
  • Grandparent Custody and Visitation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Call for details
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
The Edwards Law Group
- Current
Staff Attorney
State Court of Cobb County - Judge David Darden
Staff Attorney
State Court of Cobb County - Judge Robert McDuff
Rutgers School of Law-Camden
J.D. | Law
Activities: International Moot Court
Rutgers School of Law-Camden Logo
Huntingdon College
B.A. | Pre-Law
Placeholder image for education.
Better Business Bureau
Professional Associations
Northwest Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cobb County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Cobb County Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Georgia
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Georgia - Unlicensed Practice of Law Standing Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Four Rights of Children in Divorce
The legal blog of The Edwards Law Group
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
97 Questions Answered
Q. My state is GA. My fraternal grandchildren were taken from the mothers custody and since it has been 10 yrs since I have
A: How do you even have a list of their medications if you have not seen these children for 10 years?
Q. Ex broke 3 written agreement regarding parenting time and per the final order written agreements via email are
A: If the "agreement" become a Court Order, you can file a contempt if it is not being followed, or has not been followed. It sounds like he is in contempt so seek the assistance of the Court. Don't wait for him to tell the Court you are in contempt before you tell the the Court he WAS in contempt. It may sound "preachy" but two wrongs don't make a right. Seek the assistance of the Court to enforce it's order.
Q. What does it mean when the standing order states neither party can willfully take the child out of the jurisdiction?
A: You should still be able spend time with you new husband in AL. With situations like yours, we generally file a Motion to modify the standing order so it's clear that you are not in violation. Your situation sounds complex enough that you should not be trying to proceed without legal representation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Edwards Law Group
3621 Vinings Slope
Office Suite 4300
Atlanta, GA 30339
Telephone: (770) 723-7211
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 1 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed