Free Consultation: (877) 293-1122Tap to Call This Lawyer
Todd Laster

Todd Laster

  • Bankruptcy, Consumer Law
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. (2002)
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
Top Contributor
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 19509
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. I have 2 cars in my name and I'm married. Can I keep both?
A: Under Oklahoma exemptions in a joint case where both spouses file bankruptcy each are able to exempt one car at a value of $7500 per vehicle. If there is a loan against a vehicle the equity should not exceed $7500 to be a protected asset.
Q. Who do I see to learn if an action has been filed on a mechanic's lien or if a hearing date has been set or is pending?
A: You can search to see if a mechanic's lien has been filed on your property by searching in the land records division of the Court house where the property is located. There is a fee for copies. If the creditor makes an attempt to foreclose on the mechanics lien you should be notified by a summons.
Q. I bought a vehicle in oklahoma in feb18 with buy here pay here that had their own finance company. I surrendered .
A: The deficiency balance that is still owed can be collected by the creditor in State Court by receiving a judgment and then collecting on the judgment with a wage garnishment. In Oklahoma up to 24% of a debtor's wages can be garnished for this type of debt. deficiency balances on repossessions can be discharged in a bankruptcy. If you are unable to satisfy this debt with monthly payments or by offering a one time lump sum settlement amount you may want to consider a free consultation with an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Shook & Johnson, PLLC
Shook & Johnson, PLLC
7420 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74136
Toll-Free: (877) 293-1122
Telephone: (918) 293-1122
Fax: (918) 293-1133