Free Consultation: (918) 923-7444Tap to Call This Lawyer
Timothy J. Pickens

Timothy J. Pickens

Guardianship, Elder, Trusts, Probate, Nursing License Defense
  • Arbitration & Mediation, Elder Law, Estate Planning
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I am a practicing registered nurse and attorney licensed in Oklahoma. My law firm strives to offer the quality legal representation you need in order to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. We work hard to develop a strong and personal relationship with you on a one-on-one basis. We want to give you the attention you deserve in order to fully understand your unique legal situation. We strive to provide the skill and experience necessary to help protect your rights and promote your vital interests to get the results you need. Our goal is to provide you with timely service and good judgment at an affordable price.

Practice Areas
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
  • Guardianship
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation only
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Web Address:;
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Cherokee Tribal Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Osage Nation Tribal Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Timothy J. Pickens Law Office, PLLC.
- Current
Trusts, wills, probate guardianship, advanced directives, DNR counseling, power of attorney agreements. Nursing License Defense (troubles with the board of nursing?)
Registered Nurse
Oklahoma Registered Nurse
- Current
Appointed Public Defender
Osage County District Court Deprived Docket
Volunteer Mediator
Early Settlement
Volunteer Mediation Services
Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
New Member
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. (2005) | LAW
Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Society
Activities: Law & Medicine Society President
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
University of Oklahoma
M.S. (1996) | Nursing Administration
University of Oklahoma Logo
Oral Roberts University
BSN (1987) | Registered Nursing
Placeholder image for education.
2017 Member
Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association
“Together We Can Make A Difference”
Client Distinction Award
Quality of Service, Overall Value, Responsiveness, Communication Ability
Professional Associations
Tulsa County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oklahoma Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tulsa County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Phi Delta Phi
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Osage County Bar Association
Secretary & Treasurer
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
A Composite Letter of Professionalism
The Tulsa Lawyer
Speaking Engagements
New Nursing Graduate Employment Options, Langston University
Oklahoma Surgical Hospital
New Nursing Graduate Employment Options
New Nursing Graduate Employment Options, Guest Speaker Tulsa University
Oklahoma Surgical Hospital
Hand Washing Protocol, Clinical Skills Fair
Oklahoma Surgical Hospital
Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, & Basic Life Support
American Heart Association
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
50 Questions Answered

Q. Husband is CEO w/1 partner. He owns 40%. Upon his death he wants to distribute 20% to a daughter and step-daughter,
A: Yes, if the funds are available when he dies. Contact your local Attorney to discuss the issues. TJP
Q. Is it legal for my ex husband to file custody without serving me papers?
A: You have a good argument. However, you need to contact a local Family Law Attorney to review the issue of "Notice". TJP
Q. After an arrest & u go court receive your charges and a bond is set,Can the court say they have more charges
A: The DA can amend the petition. Call a local Oklahoma Attorney to help address your questions. TJP
Q. Does a child support check need to come from a bank account with the payor's name on it or can a girlfriend pay it?
A: Anyone can pay. But, whoever pays better clearly print on the check that the payment is specically for ChildSupport and print the name of who owes the ChildSupport. Contact a local Oklahoma Attorney to assist you further. TJP
Q. Me and my ex have been legally separated for 4 years. He filed the divorce and his attorney is not repenting him becaue
A: You should get your own Oklahoma Family Law attorney and finish out the divorce. You should get the final decree drafted to your desires and have your husband served with the final decree along with a date for presentment, so that he can attend or not. If he fails to attend and you can show good service on him then a default decree is a likely outcome. TJP
Q. In oklahoma, how long does a judge have to make a decision when the case is under advisement?
A: A reasonable amount of time based on the complexity of the case...
Q. How do I gain custody of my 15 year old brother when I'm 19?
A: Tough situation. You will definitely need to be able to show the court that you can provide food, shelter... for your newborn and your autistic younger brother. You should find a local Oklahoma Attorney to help you with the guardianship. TJP
Q. Can visitation be denied due to a FTA warrant on a felony DUI case being issued?
A: The unfortunate truth is probably, yes. However, you will need to discuss the particular set of facts surrounding your case with your Oklahoma Family Law Attorney. TJP
Q. Where do I go to get a Answer form as a written response in the dissolution of marriage papers i received?
A: You will likely have little success finding a response form to answer any petition or set of interrogatories at any courthouse. Your best bet is to secure the assistance of a local Oklahoma Family Law Attorney as soon as possible. Answering within the 20 day time period is very important! TJP
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
113 East Patti Page Blvd
Broken Arrow, OK 74017-8216
Telephone: (918) 923-7444
Fax: (918) 923-7447