(254) 434-4446Tap to Call This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- State Bar of Texas  # 24103711
Websites & Blogs
- Your Texas Legal | Your Answers
2 Questions Answered
- Q. My possession starts at the time the children are let out of school. Can I pick them up later than that due to work?
- A: You may, just make sure someone is there to pick them up from school or they have a means of transportation to school. What you need to be aware of is that these types of situations can be used in order to limit more of your visitation by showing that you are not able to exercise the visitation that you were awarded. It sounds like you were awarded an expanded SPO, however I am unsure. The best answer would be to get the understanding with the other parent in some type of writing to show there was an understanding if this ever goes to Court. You would think that it would make sense that you work to support the children and yourself so you have to work. However, that is not always the case. Make sure to protect yourself.
- Q. My child’s father was involved in an accident with my child, can I request a copy of the police or accident report?
- A: Yes, you can. However, it will be a redacted report. You would have to request it under the freedom of information act at the particular police department that took the report.
Contact & Map