Free Consultation: (727) 544-8819Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas Tripp

Thomas Tripp

  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Elder Law...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Florida
J.D. | Law School
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Clearwater Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar # 377597
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
27 Questions Answered

Q. What is the process for obtaining power of attorney?
A: Most of my clients are looking for a durable power of attorney as an advanced directive to enable them to pick who would Handle their financial affairs in the event they are unable to. These are usually discussed along with a health care surrogate document and a living will. Any lawyer that does estate planning or elder law as a practice will have a decent set of documents for you. Many offer a free consultation which should include discussing a will and or trust.
Q. Special verbiage for a CA will/trust if my dad has Florida property only in his name but is intended for me (daughter)?
A: Typically, the California lawyer would draft the trust, and you would get a Florida attorney to create a deed to put the property in the trust. The out of state lawyer would have you get an in state lawyer to handle that part.
Q. Mother died. Father survives. Her will left everything to him. All assets are joint. Is probate necessary/required?
A: If all assets with husband and wife are joint at the time of one of their deaths will usually call that a non Probate event - There are no assets that need to go anywhere. You might want to speak with your mother’s lawyer just to make sure
Q. My senile father is carelessly spending his money. Is it possible for me to legally take over his finances?
A: Contact a local lawyer that does guardianship work and have a detailed discussion.
Q. Im filing a petition for an Administration for a deceased person who has an ongoing lawsuit. Do I need to file for a
A: You will need to retain a lawyer to open a Formal Administration - ask the lawyer handleing the lawsuit for a referral. Need a personal representative appointed to continue the lawsuit.
Q. My brother had my senile mother sign a POA to him. Then sold her home in Florida, had her buy a home in N Carolina.
A: Typically, you file it where Is physically located so she can be evaluated by the court’s experts
Q. My brother is first POA for my mother with dementia, I am second, sister third. I do not want to be POA. How do I excuse
A: You can resign/decline to serve in writing. Send it to your mother and the other two named agents. Send it to your mother’s Attorney if she had one.
Q. My older sister didn't execute the will house involed in pre forclosure. Supposed to be split with 6 kids
A: Sounds like you mean file the Will, which is supposed to be done within 10 days. If she is named as personal representative she should contact a lawyer in the County where the decedent passed immediately - if she doesn’t the heirs should.
Q. How long do you lose your license for a first time dui?
A: If you are convicted -- 6 months is the minimum and 1 year the maximum -- this is independent of any implied consent suspension you may have received for either taking or refusing the breath test.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
4930 Park Boulevard
Suite 12
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Telephone: (727) 544-8819
Telephone: (727) 544-8819