Free Consultation: (800) 491-4291Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas Joseph Maronick Jr

Thomas Joseph Maronick Jr

  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Thomas Maronick Jr is a Super Lawyers-rated attorney who has been practicing since 2008. A Baltimore native, Mr. Maronick is the founder and managing partner of The Law Office of Thomas Maronick Jr, LLC. Mr. Maronick focuses his practice on criminal defense including DUI defense and handles serious felony cases in state and federal court as well as misdemeanors. He has litigated cases in nearly all of Maryland's counties and federal courthouses. Since becoming a lawyer, Mr. Maronick has been honored with "Superb" ratings from, A+ from BBB, "AV-preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, their highest rating, and being selected to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Many of his cases have received statewide media attention, and Mr. Maronick has also served as a commentator on national and international media, including outlets such as The Baltimore Sun, International Business Times, and Canadian television (CTV News) on major cases. In his spare time, Mr. Maronick enjoys singing jazz music and watching football.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Deputy Clerk - J. Prevas
Circuit Court for Baltimore City
University of Baltimore School of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
University of Baltimore School of Law Logo
University of Maryland - College Park
B.A. (2000) | Journalism
Activities: Theater, Music program
University of Maryland - College Park Logo
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
AV-Preeminent Rating
A+ Rating
VIP List
The Daily Record
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar Association, Inc. # 39940
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
US Law Shield Gun Rights poster- MD
US Law Shield
Speaking Engagements
US Law Shield- Gun Talk, Myersville
self-defense law talk sponsored by US Law Shield
Criminal Law Careers, Panel talk, UB School of Law, Baltimore
criminal law section
Panel discussion on criminal defense law and careers in criminal defense
Legal Answers
85 Questions Answered

Q. Can the State be sued for releasing someone who murdered previously and then murdered again 2 months after release?
A: No. The courts and parole board make those decisions and both are immune from suit unless the release was due to negligent error. Then you might be able to sue the state.
Q. File a motion to retry case .. A juror husband was there everyday talking with detective he said “i wish u were a juror”
A: The question is whether the husband’s action connoted an impropriety with the juror and the case. I can’t tell from these facts but it is worth looking at. Contact the defense counsel with this ASAP for a potential appeal issue.
Q. Can you get a DUI if you weren't driving while drunk? I was parked and asleep.
A: Sounds like an Atkinson case to me. I’ve won cases in similar situations when the evidence showed the car was being used for shelter and not transportation. Of course - as every case is different and past success is not an indicator of any particular result in your case - it will depend on the specific facts in your case. Call our office for a free consult if you are seeking legal services and we are happy to discuss in more detail.
Q. Got a failure to appear in Anne Arundel County in 2014, petty theft. Bail forfeited.
A: You probably forfeited the bail when the court date was missed. You want a lot to happen for not having money to pay for a private attorney. That being said, you definitely need representation. I suggest you contact Office of Public Defender. If you qualify for their services they will assist you for no fee. If you have an outlet — such as a family member who can assist with funds - please do not hesitate to call our office for a consultation if the payor is able to help. But it sounds like PD will be able to help you.
Q. I’ve been subpoenaed to testify against my child's father for 2nd degree assault but I don want too what should I do
A: Who subpoena’d you? The State’s Attorney’s Office or defense. Tell State’s Attorney’s Office if it is them that you don’t wish to testify.
Q. Where would I begin looking for an attorney for grandson who is a criminal defendant with mental health issues?
A: We handle these issues and you can call us at 410 244-5068. The initial consult is free.
Q. Can a person who previously had a ncr conviction for first degree murder become a gun dealer
A: I would really have to look that up. I would normally say no way except that an NCR and a finding of mental fitness subsequently would seem to allow that. I will try to get back on this one. This feels like a law school exam question.
Q. My bf is charged with first degree murder , first & second degree assault, &with deadly weapon will he come home
A: Doubtful. Unlikely he gets a bail on that. But he clearly needs counsel as soon as possible. Call or have someone call our office if he doesn't already have private counsel and can afford through his family to pay for private counsel. Consult is free. (410) 244-5068
Q. Can i sue if a police they lock me up for a burglary i didnt commit and mistake me for the guy who did it .
A: Possibly. Depends when the incident occurred --- must generally be within 1 year to fulfill notice requirements -- and there would have to be some degree of damages. Deprivation of liberty could be part of that.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Easton Office
21 North Hanson St
Suite 110
Easton, MD 21601
Telephone: (410) 244-5068
Ocean City Office
5000 Coastal Highway
Unit 5
Ocean City, MD 21842
Toll-Free: (800) 491-4291
Telephone: (410) 524-4529
Baltimore Office
Administrative Office
201 N Charles St.
Suite 2000
Baltimore, MD 21201
Telephone: (410) 244-5068