Tom Sateary concentrates his practice in general and commercial litigation with an emphasis in automotive law. His trial and dispute resolution experience encompasses a wide variety of matters, including the defense of automobile distributors and dealers against breach of warranty and “lemon law” actions, as well as contract matters. He also has significant experience in municipal and land use matters and real property tax appeals.
He has appeared in Federal Court, as well the Superior Court of New Jersey at both the trial and appellate levels, the Tax Court of New Jersey, the Office of Administrative Law and the Department of Personnel and Merit System Board.
Tom serves as Special Tax Counsel for Mendham Township. He frequently represents applicants before municipal planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment. Tom is currently a member of the District XII (Union County) Fee Arbitration Committee.
Following law school, Tom served a one-year judicial clerkship with the Honorable Herbert S. Alterman, J.S.C. for the Passaic Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey, in Paterson. He is also a former Managing Editor of The Seton Hall Legislative Journal.
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate Law
- Consumer Law
- Automotive Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C.
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- State University of New York - Albany
- Syracuse University
- Diplomate in New Jersey Local Government Law
- Rutgers University
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Summit Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar # 015281989
- - Current
- Now Might be the Time to Consider Filing A Property Tax Appeal
- The Alertnative Press
- Thomas J. Sateary's Website Profile
- Lindabury, McCormick, Estabrook & Cooper, P.C. Website
- Events Calendar
- New Jersey Employers Beware – Classify Employees as Independent Contractors At Your Own Peril
11 February 2020
- New Jersey Employers Dealing With New Legislation on Severance, Leave Rights, and Fair Workweek Scheduling
11 February 2020
- Restrictive Covenants In The Employment Setting In New Jersey Where We Now Are? Where May We Be Going?
7 February 2020
- Amendments to New Jersey’s WARN Act Expands Coverage To Include More Employers
21 January 2020
- “Crown Act” Amends New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination
31 December 2019
- “Have We Become Too Sensitive at Work?” One Woman Today Podcast
16 December 2019
- Healthcare Real Estate: The Pros and Cons of Buying Versus Leasing
7 November 2019
- Why Bring Lawyers In? – Attorney-Client Privilege Can Be Crucial for Businesses’ Protection
9 September 2019
- Immediate Impact of the New Jersey Hemp Farming Act
13 August 2019