Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Claims
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Construction Law
- Business Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Career Summary
- - Current
- • Over 11 years’ experience achieving excellent results for individual and corporate clients. • Excellent record of success as counsel on approximately 30 cases tried to jury verdicts in Alabama. • Demonstrated pattern of positive results for clients, including: State Farm, MetLife, Farmers, Geico, Penn National, Harleysville, Progressive, GMAC, USAgencies, Access General, Publix, and others. • Highly skilled at resolving tort and contract matters through trial and alternative dispute resolution.
- Phelps Law Firm, LLC
- • Lead counsel in matters pending in Alabama courts, with emphasis on business and injury defense. • Provide comprehensive evaluation of legal issues, including analysis of applicable law, assessment of risks and potential liability and damages, and election to pursue trial or settlement. • Perform strategic analysis of matters, including budgeting, assessment of potential exposure and mitigation of risk, and negotiation of contractual terms to ensure favorable outcomes.
- Gaines, Gault & Hendrix, P.C.
- • Highly successful practice handling litigation of matters involving personal injury, worker’s compensation, employment, transportation, insurance and bad faith. • Obtained excellent trial results, including numerous defense verdicts returned in favor of individuals and corporations in significant injury, contract and insurance cases. • Fully integrated litigation processes with clients’ business practices, including application of staffing plans, reporting guidelines and billing functions. • Managed daily operations of Huntsville office of large law firm, including oversight of associate attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and support staff. • Solved complex factual and legal problems requiring extensive research, analysis, and evaluation of expert opinions in scientific, engineering, economic and financial areas. • Demonstrated ability to quickly master complex material in fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Bradford& Sears, P.C.
- • Developed breadth of experience handling matters involving personal injury, transportation, insurance, contracts, compliance, employment, worker’s compensation and intellectual property. • Entrusted with responsibility for managing all stages of litigation, including discovery, depositions, expert preparation, trial and appellate review. • Applied efficient litigation plans in each matter to ensure favorable outcome while also meeting client's economic expectations.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Honors: • Class Rank in Top One-Third of Graduating Class • Member - Cumberland Law Review • Dean’s List (all semesters) • Quarterfinalist – Parham Williams Trial Competition
- Activities: • Peterson Trial Competition • Completed Clerkships at Starnes & Atchison, Hand Arendall, and Carr Allison, including matters related to labor and employment, worker’s compensation, business litigation, contractual negotiation, general litigation, and procurement fraud and Qui tam actions.
- University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
- B.A. (2003) | Communication, with Major in Journalism and Minors in Economics and General Business Administration
- Honors: • Cum laude • University Honors Program • Dean’s List (All Semesters) • President, Delta Chi Fraternity • Outstanding Undergraduate in Finance Award • Outstanding Junior in Finance Award • Kappa Tau Alpha, Beta Gamma Sigma and Alpha Lambda Delta Honoraria • Greg Hammett Most Improved Sportswriter Award, The Crimson White
- Activities: • Delta Chi Fraternity • Senior Sports Reporter, The Crimson White, 1998-2002 • Contributing Writer, datelinealabama.com • Correspondent, sportsuniversity.com
- Alabama State Bar
Websites & Blogs
- Phelps Law Firm
Contact & Map