Free Consultation: (856) 441-2000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Teresa L. Reichek

Teresa L. Reichek

  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • New Jersey, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Teresa L. Reichek, Esq. is an attorney at Weinberger Divorce and Family Law Group, L.L.C. Ms. Reichek exclusively concentrates her practice on family and matrimonial matters, including divorce, child custody, asset division, alimony, child support, domestic violence and related family matters.

Whether dealing with a child support modification or complex litigated divorce, Ms. Reichek uses her legal prowess and dedication to protect and guide her clients through their matters, keeping them completely informed about their rights and options at all times. Ms. Reichek aims to minimize this tension while working diligently to resolve her client’s matter through individualized attention and advice. Ms. Reichek is particularly sensitive to the needs of her clients’ children and helps protect their best interests.

Ms. Reichek will always advocate for low conflict settlement methods whenever possible. Should going before a judge be necessary, Ms. Reichek is a skilled litigator with a consummate reputation for zealously advocating for her clients in court.

Believing that every client deserves equal footing, Ms. Reichek has as extensive history in representing victims of domestic violence. She began her family court experience in New York assisting victims of domestic violence in their applications for Protective Orders. She continued on this path working in multiple non-profit agencies in Middlesex County, New Jersey where she continued her work in domestic violence trials, dissolution matters and all other areas of family law.

Ms. Reichek then took her skills to Texas, practicing primarily in Travis and Williamson Counties in the Austin suburbs assisting clients with divorces and Orders of Protection and volunteering with her local police department as a victim’s advocate.

Ms. Reichek received her Juris Doctorate from Hofstra University’s Maurice A. Deane School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts from The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College).

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
ID Number: 025852005
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24085547
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
J.D. (2004) | Civil Litigation
Activities: Phi Alpha Delta, Hofstra Law Women
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University Logo
The College of New Jersey
B.S. (1998) | Law & Justice, English Literature
Activities: Circle K
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey  # 025852005
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
71 Questions Answered
Q. In the state of New Jersey I pay child support but can’t offord it
A: Thank you for your question. The court calculates child support based on a number of factors. To have that amount adjusted you need to prove a permanent change in circumstances. Unemployment is generally not considered permanent. You are likely being summoned to a court appearance for an enforcement hearing because you have not been paying the full amount owed. While it is admirable that you continue to make payments as you are able, you are still considered in arrears because you are not paying the full amount owed. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney who will help you understand all of your rights and obligations and help you decide the best course of, action moving forward.
Q. I called my daughter like I do everyday come to my out my wife left the state of New Jersey with permission a call nothi
A: Thank you for your question. Your question is not clear if the other party left the state temporarily or moved out of state. If she moved out of state permanently without your permission and without a Court Order then you will want to file an Order to Show Cause. That is essentially an emergency motion telling the court you have an urgent matter that needs to be addressed. The best thing to do is to consult with an experienced family law attorney who can explain your options and guide you through the process.
Q. NJ jurisdiction vs Fla jurisdiction. No one will address Family Law issues on divorce and custody
A: Thank you for your question. Without having all the relevant information, it sounds like NJ has never taken jurisdiction because no one has asked them to do so. A petition to transfer the case from Florida to New Jersey must be filed. Then Florida will relinquish jurisdiction. Until then they, maintain ongoing jurisdiction over the children because it was where the original action was filed. The petition is likely to be granted because the children reside in New Jersey, and New Jersey would take over making modifications to the Florida order going forward. There is also the argument, via the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), that Florida is an inconvenient forum. The UCCJEA goes on to say that Florida retains jurisdiction UNTIL 1. the state determines that the child or the parents do not have significant connection with the state, or 2. a court of Florida or New Jersey determines that the children or the parents no longer reside in the state. That's a paraphrase, but you see the point. The best thing your niece can do is schedule a consult with an experienced family law attorney in New Jersey so she can receive advice specific to her situation and then she can make an informed decision on how to move forward.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Weinberger Divorce and Family Law Group, L.L.C.
309 Fellowship Road, Suite 200
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone: (856) 441-2000
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
135 US 202/206, Suite 8
Bedminster, NJ 07921