Free Consultation: (843) 520-0921Tap to Call This Lawyer
Taylor Silver

Taylor Silver

Silver Law Firm LLC
  • Probate, Family Law, Personal Injury...
  • South Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Taylor Silver graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2009 with his J.D. He also holds a B.S. in Regional Planning from Westfield State University. He has experience representing clients through a wide array of legal problems as a general practice attorney since 2010. These practice areas include personal injury, probate and estate planning, family law, real estate, criminal law, business formation, and general litigation.

Taylor Silver is also a contract attorney for the CassElias McCarter Guardian ad Litem Program in Charleston County. In this capacity, he represents the volunteers in DSS cases that speak for the children in Court proceedings.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Real Estate Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Estate Planning
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Criminal Law
  • Business Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Silver Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Law Offices of Ronald J. Talbert
University of South Carolina School of Law
J.D. (2009) | Law
University of South Carolina School of Law Logo
Westfield State College
B.S. (2006) | Regional Planning
Placeholder image for education.
Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40
American Society of Legal Advocates
Professional Associations
Georgetown County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Carolina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Georgetown County Habitat for Humanity
Past Board President
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Silver Law Firm LLC Webpage
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. Not married but have children and have lived together for almost 15 years.
A: Your only option at this moment in time (given coronavirus closures) is to file a petition for an order of protection or to move out yourself. If you can't afford a local attorney to help with this, assists people with this issue if you qualify. Good luck to you.
Q. My father has recently passed. I'm his only son but he left everything to a girlfriend. What can I do?
A: If South Carolina is the appropriate jurisdiction in which to probate your Father's Estate, you need to talk to a local attorney immediately. While I cannot comment on your specific situation given the amount of unknown information, it is possible to have Wills or Codicils set aside due to the deceased lacking testamentary capacity (among other things) at the time of signing. It all depends on what you can prove.
Q. "Short term" notice on not renewing lease by the landlord
A: Seek out a local attorney to review your current lease and advise you of your options. Your lease terms will generally control in extension disputes provided it complies with statutes and common law requirements. A consultation of this nature should not take all that long or be prohibitively expensive, especially when compared to the cost of moving a restaurant. **This answer is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. This answer is not intended to formulate an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that anyone with a legal question seek out the advice of a local / experienced attorney.
Q. My mom died and we can't find the deed to the house? What can we Do? It's left to me and my brother in the will.
A: You do not need an original deed to real estate, all properly recorded deeds are on file with the Register of Deeds Office (sometimes called Register of Mesne Conveyances) for every County in the State of South Carolina. Go to the Register of Deeds office for your local County Government and they will help you get a copy of the deed. This is different for unattached mobile homes that have a separate title from the real estate (land). You will most likely need help properly preparing the required paperwork transferring the real estate into your names and with general administration of your mother's estate. Seek the advice of a local probate attorney in your area.
Q. My son is 20, his dad died recently, son has copy of will, current wife is saying no will. Original will has been seen
A: Your son needs to speak to a local probate attorney immediately. At the least, he needs to bring the copy of the will with him to his appointment, a list of his father's other children (both living and deceased) and their children, and a list of likely assets contained within the estate. The reason for speed is due to the fact that assets within an estate can be poached very quickly. While illegal, recovering pilfered funds from a rogue personal representative can be difficult and costly, if not impossible in many circumstances. He needs to get good legal advice as soon as possible. There are a lot of issues that most likely require a cost-benefit analysis for your son including, but certainly not limited to, when the will was written, who is on the will that son has, whether the will satisfies the requirements of valid wills in SC, whether the witnesses to the copy your son has are still accessible, and the difference in the bequest given to son in the will and what he would inherit under intestate laws.
Q. if my kids live in a different state and there is no custody arrangement how do I get visitation
A: You would most likely be bound by the laws of the state in which the children are living. The proper state in which to bring a suit involving custody/visitation is usually determined by the UCCJEA - a statute that has been adopted by most states. Once you determine the proper state to bring your action for visitation, you would follow the laws and procedure of that state.
Q. My mother passed away but didn't have a will. My step father's not giving me any of her things.
A: If she died without a will you are likely entitled to some of her estate. You need to speak to a probate attorney about your predicament as soon as possible to avoid possible loss of estate property.
Q. What's the easiest route to take for a wife and husband who want a divorce without fighting for property, alimony, etc.?
A: An uncontested, no-fault divorce is generally most easily achieved after the parties have been separated one full year. I still recommend hiring an attorney to help with this process. Getting divorced in SC, among other requirements, entails filing and serving a complaint, giving testimony in Court, and other procedures that must be followed. Pro Se (self-represented) parties often have a hard time navigating the process successfully. Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. This answer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Taylor Silver always recommends speaking to an attorney face to face for all legal questions in order to get legal advice.
Q. Does the estate lawyer transfer the titles to the vehicles for the survivors of the deceased?
A: The only person that has the power to transfer the titles while the estate is open is the person appointed as the personal representative. Have the PR ask the estate attorney for guidance if they are unsure how to go about this. Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. This answer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Taylor Silver always recommends speaking to an attorney face to face for all legal questions in order to get legal advice.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
910 Front Street
Suite G
Georgetown, SC 29440
Telephone: (843) 520-0921
P.O. Box 1665
P.O. Box 1665
Georgetown, SC 29442