Free Consultation: (210) 474-6221Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tammy Lyn Wincott

Tammy Lyn Wincott

Probate Attorney Wincott Law Firm PC San Antonio, Texas
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law...
  • Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Originally from the Thousand Islands region of New York. I relocated to Texas via the U.S. Air Force in 1988. I spent the first 15 years in Austin, prior to attending law school at St. Mary's school of law. Once licensed, I relocated to San Antonio.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute consultation. Telephone consultation may be available.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Only in Personal Injury cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans may be available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Bankruptcy Court Texas Western District
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Texas Probate Courts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner & Prinicpal Attorney
Wincott Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Owner & Principal Attorney for the WIncott Law Firm, P.C. Practice areas include immigration and probate with extensive experience in familial issues.
Solo Practitioner
Law Office of Tammy L. Wincott
Solo Attorney law practice assisting in areas such as immigration, wills & estates, bankruptcy, family, animal law, personal injury and other civil.
St. Mary's University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Park University
B.S. (2002) | Business Management
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Resolution Honoring Tammy L. Wincott
State Bar of Texas
A resolution honoring Attorney Tammy L. WIncott for her community service and in particular her support of veterans. Honored as an inspiration to others.
Recognized as single attorney dedicated to the most cases associated with the program.
San Antonio Bar Association--Community Justice Program
Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Undergraduate Achievement
Park University
Professional Associations
San Antonio Bar Association Community Justice Program
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Attorney providing pro bono services in an effort to allow all those deserving access to the legal justice system.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar # 24056545
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Activities: member in American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Immigration: A Realistic Look
Elite Attorney SA
The More Things Change - The More They Stay the Same
Elite Attorney SA
Speaking Engagements
Panel Member: Family Law & Bankruptcy, Texas Bar Advanced Bankruptcy CLE, Houston, Texas
State Bar of Texas
Attorney Ad Litem Procedures, Delinquent Ad Valorem Taxes, Bexar County Courthouse, San Antonio, Texas
Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson LLP
Approved Guardianship Attorney
State Bar of Texas
Websites & Blogs
Wincott Law Firm PC
Legal Answers
631 Questions Answered

Q. Do you have to testify against cops in a 1983 police misconduct if you're Life is endangered?
A: If your life is in danger, perhaps it's not a good idea to go on public forums and ask these sort of questions; you might want to be a little more discreet.
Q. Can I set up the Standard Possession but put a stipulation in there until he turns 3 to receive him 2 days a week?
A: There is no standard possession order for a child under three so any arrangement that is in the best interest of the child may be done.
Q. How can I change my name through naturalization? What is the process like with a judge?
A: If you got married and took your spouse's last name you would then change all your legal documents such as, social security card, driver's license and your immigration identification. There is a form to do so and it lists the required evidence. If you are seeking to change your name altogether, then you will need to do a proper petition with the court and then go through the proper immigration procedure for a name change.
Q. Only my husband's name is on the property deed. Do I need to be on it as well?
A: No your name does not need to be on it; however, the will does need to be probated at the time of his passing. He could also leave the house to you in a Revocable Transfer on Death Deed. Speak with an Estate Planning Attorney to find out your options.
Q. .y father died without a will. How do I know if I can just do a small estate affidavit or if I have to go thru probate.
A: If there is an IRA that has no named beneficiaries then it is part of his estate and depending upon the amount left will require a formal probate process. Contact a probate attorney for a consult.
Q. my husband got a divorce and won his house in a divorce decree before we got married he never changed the deed he passed
A: A certified copy of his divorce decree must be filed in the county deed records and his will needs to go through probate.
Q. How can I get the property transferred into my name without a will or going through probate?
A: If all heirs agree then there is a way to do it without it going to probate; however, it requires a great deal of detail and I suggest hiring a lawyer to help you. Whether or not anything was probated in CA will also be important. Again, it's best to consult directly with a lawyer.
Q. Does Texas accept a legally transcribed Declaration if Heirship from Puerto Rico?
A: Short answer is yes it can be done; however, it has to meet certain criteria and there must be certain steps taken to actually authenticate everything for Texas. I suggest you speak with a probate attorney in Texas.
Q. What should I do if a close friend left me property in his will but his heirs aren’t interested in opening probate?
A: As the other lawyers stated, since you are a possible heir, you have a right to pursue the probate yourself. You should consult with a probate lawyer in the appropriate state and town as you will need their assistance.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
900 NE Loop 410
Suite D-410
San Antonio, TX 78209
Telephone: (210) 474-6221