Specialized nationally recognized high profile boutique investor arbitration/ litigation/ SEC/FINRA / Whistleblower regulatory law firm. Obtained the largest accounting related SEC Whistleblower award in history of 23 Million dolllars . Select Criminal Representation in NY. Securities related representation includes nationwide securities arbitration involving large and small wall street firms on behalf of investors, as well as individual employees with employment dispute issues within the securities industry. Record FINRA win statistics. Decades of quality representation involving misrepresentation, unsuitable products, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, promissory notes, securities employment related claims, breach of contract, unsuitable advice/mismanagement relating to stock, bonds, options, structured products, churning, unauthorized trading, options, mutual funds, REITS, private placements, structured products and all other securities. Also filed claims involving over-concentration, Unauthorized trading, churning, bonus disputes, retirement advice, etc. Represent Whistleblowers in claims before the SEC, False Claims Act cases, promissory note disputes, breach of contract claims, and wrongful discharge. As a former prosecutor with over 14 years of prosecutorial experience in New York the firm aggressively represents its clients in all matters, including investor matters, as well as regulatory representation - FINRA & SEC, Wells Notices, subpoena management. Conducts internal corporate investigations and supervisory reviews required by regulatory agencies. Former Assistant DA under Robert Morgenthau and Former Asst Atty General Investor Protection Unit of the NY Atty General under Eliot Spitzer and his predecessor. Attorney Advertising. Prior results to not guarantee future outcomes.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Criminal Law
- Securities Law
- Employment Law
- Stockbroker & Investment Fraud
- SEC / CFTC Whistleblower Law
- Free Consultation
Free Phone Consultations.
- Credit Cards Accepted
All Credit Cards accepted via Pay Pal with a service fee.
- Contingent Fees
On all investor arbitrations accepted, and on select employment cases
- New York
- Managing Member - Private Practice
- Meissner Associates
- - Current
- Senior Associate
- Gusrae, Kaplan, Bruno
- Defended brokerage firms small and large in all arbitration and regulatory matters. FINRA, SEC, CFTC etc as well as customer arbitrations . Also defended various securities related clients in various criminal securities matters. Represented individual brokers with regard to assisting them in leaving firms to join a new brokerage firms and avoid restraining orders and similar issues.
- Assistant Attorney General - Investor Protection / Financial Crimes Units
- NY State Attorney General
- Investigated and prosecuted high profile securities and internet related matters in NY State in coordination with various State and Federal agencies. Numerous criminal, civil and Grand Jury investigations and prosecutions.
- Assistant District Attorney - Trial Division
- Manhattan District Attorney - New York County
- Prosecuted thousands of cases in New York County, presented hundreds of cases before New York County Grand Juries, litigated in excess of 30 trials on behalf of the State involving a variety of crimes within the Trial Division of the District Attorney's office.
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M. (1998) | Corporate - Securities Law Emphasis
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar # 2244655
- - Current
- Main Firm Website
- SEC /CFTC Whistleblower Attorney Largest Accounting Related Award in History = 24 Million Dollars
- FINRA Attorney - Re ALL FINRA Related legal Issues
- SEC - CFTC Whistleblower Blog
Meissner Appearance on CNN about Securities RegulatorsKnightmare - Where are the Regulators CNBC
Meissner Appearance on CNBC on Knight Capital Impact on the MarketInvestment Attorney
http://www.smeissner.com/ Securities fraud attorney represents victim of securities fraud.