Our law firm is a leader in intellectual property and piracy law. We have handled more software audits and torrent defense lawsuits than most other firms combined. We have a niche speciality practice in copyright infringement law and handle the following types of cases:
1. Software Audits and Licensing Disputes (Business Software Alliance, BSA, SIIA, Vero, Siemens, Solidworks, Autodesk, Adobe and Microsoft)
2. Torrent Defense Cases (ex. Malibu Media pornography, Flava Works and Strike 3 Holdings, LLC BitTorrent litigation cases in California Federal Court in the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern District)
3. TV Signal Piracy cases (boxing match PPV infringement). Joe Hand Promotions, G&G Closed Circuit Events, Zuffa and J&J Sports Productions
4. Direct TV cases / Dish-Nagrstar piracy and IPTV defense (streaming media piracy)
5. Copyright infringement litigation (jewelry, photo infringement, DMCA anti-circumvention of software access control, p2p file-sharing defense, drone video footage)
6. Trademark infringement & registration (including domain name UDRP disputes with NAF, WIPO), IPR filings, Trademark Clearinghouse, and Cancellation and Opposition Proceedings.
7. California Right of Publicity Law / social media - celebrity endorsement agreements
8. UDRP domain name dispute arbitrations (WIPO, NAF, CIIRD)
9. New for 2022 - Metaverse, NFT, and Cryptocurrency arbitration and IP disputes.
We offer low flat rate legal fees in most non-litigation cases (ex. responding to ISP subpoena, or cease and desist or demand letters). We have appeared in over 300 state and federal litigation court cases since 2004.