Free Consultation: (501) 255-5883Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stefan K. McBride

Stefan K. McBride

Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
  • Divorce, Elder Law, Family Law
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

I serve Arkansas families by pursuing innovative, reconciliation-driven solutions to their legal needs at Wilson & Haubert, PLLC.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Elder Law
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    The initial 30-minute consultation is free.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates are flexible and will depend upon the client's ability to pay and the complexity of the issue.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
- Current
William H. Bowen School of Law
J.D. (2013)
Honors: Top Paper - Advance Legal Writing
Placeholder image for education.
Top Contributor Award
Professional Associations
Arkansas Bar Association # 2013150
- Current
Activities: Handbook Committee, Young Lawyer's Division - Executive Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arkansas Trial Lawyer's Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Legal Bloggage Industry
Arkansas Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
UCCJEA & UIFSA, Little Rock, Arkansas
Arkansas Trial Lawyer's Association
Attorney Ad Litem
Arkansas State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Arkansas Family Lawyer
Little Rock Divorce Lawyer
Legal Answers
25 Questions Answered

Q. My daughter is getting divorced her car is in husband's name only. is she responsible for the balance if she returns car
A: Arkansas is not a community property state, but that doesn't change the answer to your question. If her name is not on the car note, she cannot be held responsible for that debt unless the divorce judge makes her responsible. Even in that case, the only person the financing company can come after is the husband. In that case, he might take her to court for contempt for not paying for the car.
Q. How do i add my name to my sons birth certificate without his mothers cooperation and how do I find out who has custody?
A: If the mother of the child does not agree to the name change, you will have to petition a court to change the birth certificate. There are several factors that a court will use to determine whether it is in the child's best interest to allow the name change.
Q. If I have a 1 year old baby can her mother bring her new boyfriend over to stay the night when my daughter is there?
A: Unless there is a court order specifically prohibiting such behavior, your baby's mother can introduce the child to her new boyfriend.
Q. I'm gonna be 17 in Oct.Can I move out without emancipation or parent permission from AR to MO with other family members?
A: Unless you are emancipated or have your parent's consent, you cannot move out of the house.
Q. If I'm 17, but finished with HS completely, can I move out of my dads house without him trying to label me as a runaway?
A: You cannot move out until you are 18 without your parent's consent.
Q. Want to move in with my bf, but my ex said he would file for full custody even if we marry. We have one 4 y.o. child.
A: If you have true joint physical custody, you will not automatically be able to relocate. Instead, you'll have to show that it is in the children's best interests. You are definitely going to need to hire a lawyer for this issue.
Q. Through divorce proceedings, can I hold my husband responsible for a truck that was purchased for him but, in my name?
A: A judge might give him that debt, but he or she can't extinguish the responsibility you owe to the person who financed the truck.
Q. First appearance in fins court i tested positive.. and my children was removed by DHS is that illegal?
A: Even if they've been removed, the DHS goal is almost certainly reunification with you. You'll just need to pass some drug tests.
Q. If I appeal a guilty verdict, will a charge that rec'd directed verdict in trial come back if the appeal is successful?
A: The State cannot appeal (or cross-appeal in this case) a verdict of non-guilty.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Bryant Office
301 Roya Lane # 1
Bryant, AR 72022
Telephone: (501) 255-5883
Fax: (501) 372-1206
North Little Rock Office
1 Riverfront Pl, Suite 745
North Little Rock, AR 72114
Telephone: (501) 255-5883
Fax: (501) 372-1206
Cabot Office
206 N. First St.
Cabot, AR 72023
Telephone: (501) 255-5883
Fax: (501) 372-1206