Free Consultation: (888) 884-8686Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stanley H Block

Stanley H Block

Your Trusted Source for Tax Problem Resolution
  • Tax Law
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am law professional working in IRS representation and tax problem resolution. My firm has over 100 years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and their collection process. Your tax situation will be thoroughly analyzed by our team that includes a tax attorney and tax professionals, and together we will decide the best course of action to help solve your IRS problems - FOR GOOD!

Practice Area
  • Tax Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Tax Resolution
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation if $10k or more is owed to IRS or Maryland. Or if you have more than two years of unfiled returns.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    all major credit cards accepted.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Our firm works with individuals and businesses of all income levels. We are always happy to discuss flexible payment plans for our fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
SH Block Tax Services Inc
- Current
University of Baltimore School of Law
(1961) Law
Honors: Top 10% of class
Activities: Title abstraction for the Maryland Title Company, Claims adjustor for the Maryland Casualty Insurance, President of the Twin District Democratic Club, and Secretary of Law Fraternity.
University of Baltimore School of Law Logo
Top Practitioner
The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
Professional Associations
Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Maryland drops the ball in notifying taxpayers
The Daily Record (Maryland)
Tax Amnesty Program Returns After 6 Year Hiatus
The Daily Record (Maryland)
Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. I did my sons taxes, he was audited I didn't handle it correctly, can it be fixed?
A: If you disagree with the results of the audit you may be able to file an audit reconsideration.
Q. When paying the IRS on back taxes, are the payments applied to the oldest or newest years first?
A: Typically the IRS will apply your payment to the oldest years first. However, if you indicate on your payment, " please apply to tax year XXXX " they should apply the payment to the appropriate year There are more intricacies in the question you asked and I suggest you have a consultation with a tax resolution attorney in your area.
Q. I owe the I R S a little over 32,000 in back taxes.
A: It is my best suggestion to meet with a reputable tax resolution attorney, enrolled agent, or CPA, that offers a free consultation.
Q. I filed my taxes with a tax service and they left out my 1099g form and are saying I never gave it to them, now irs is
A: When you sign a tax return above your signature reads the following: Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and accurately list all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Declaration of preparer (other than taxpayer) is based on all information of which preparer has any knowledge. It is the taxpayer's job to review and verify all the appropriate income is listed on their return.
Q. how much should i offer IRS offer in compromise
A: Friend, you may be a good candidate OIC or CNC status. If you are unable to afford an enrolled agent, CPA, or attorney to help with this there may be some free help in your area. Call California VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.) Also, many times the law school has a low-income tax clinic that can help guide you through the process. I hope this information helps you to get closer to your best resolution.
Q. I filed my taxes using TurboTax's free online service. Is there a way for me to "cancel" my filing and re-do them?
A: This may be software specific, but I do not believe you can "cancel" your return. You may need to amend if your return has already been e-filed and processed. However, if for some reason your return gets reject you may be able to make changes and resubmit.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Pikesville Office
1829 Reisterstown Rd
Suite 350
Pikesville, MD 21208
Telephone: (410) 727-6006
Fax: (410) 630-5005
Washington, D.C. Office
1200 G Street, NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
Toll-Free: (888) 884-8686
Telephone: (410) 727-6006
Annapolis Office
1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway
Suite 300A
Annapolis, MD 21401
Telephone: (410) 927-5109
Fax: (410) 630-5005
Baltimore Office
401 E. Pratt Street
Suite 2232
Baltimore, MD 21202
Toll-Free: (888) 884-8686
Telephone: (410) 727-6006
Fax: (410) 630-5005
Columbia Office
10320 Little Patuxent Parkway
Suite 200A
Columbia, MD 21044
Toll-Free: (888) 884-8686
Telephone: (410) 989-5991
Fax: (410) 539-6440