- Immigration Law, International Law, Employment Law
Mr. Edelstein’s practice over the past twenty years has concentrated in large part on the negotiation and structuring of trade and investment transactions in the countries of the former Soviet Union. Mr. Edelstein advises clients investing in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. He provides advice on a wide range of commercial, corporate, finance, tax, securities, antitrust, currency control, labor laws and other issues of concern to investors, including acquisitions, joint ventures and privatization.
Mr. Edelstein also represents Russian and other foreign companies doing business in the United States and advises them on developing corporate structures, on regulatory and general business and commercial matters. In his immigration practice, Mr. Edelstein represents individuals, closely held and family business, corporations and other institutions in deportation, asylum and naturalization matters, as well as in family-based immigration matters. Particularly, he assists in applying for H-1B, H-2B, E, F, J, K, L-1A and B visa applications, as well as Labor Certification and green card applications. Mr. Edelstein also assists clients in obtaining professional non-immigrant employment-based visas and in obtaining permanent resident status.
Mr. Edelstein is the author of Foreign Investment in Russia, Wayne State University; Taxation of Foreign Corporations in Russia, Wayne State University; An Introduction to Russian Labor Legislation, Wayne State University; Co-Author: Enforcing Russian Commercial Obligations and Resolving Commercial Disputes in Russia, in Issues for Investment in Today’s Russia, International Law Section, State Bar of Michigan. Mr. Edelstein is a member of the Board of the Russian-American Institute of Industrial Management, a Detroit, Michigan based non-profit organization aimed at developing and facilitating investment and commerce between the U.S. and Russia. Mr. Edelstein is fluent in Russian, Ukrainian and Uzbek.
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- International Law
- Human Rights, Imports & Exports
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- English: Spoken, Written
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Ukrainian: Spoken, Written
- Uzbek: Spoken, Written
- Uzbek: Spoken, Written
- State Bar of Michigan  # P52459
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Protecting Clients Doing Business in Russia and the NIS
- Simon Edelstein
- Our Website