Free Consultation: (720) 435-4686Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Shaun Charles Kaufman

Shaun Kaufman Law, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

A courtroom lawyer who believes that good things come from standing strong and fighting your case.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Master Card, Visa, American Express
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Depends on severity of case and time needed. I am fair.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Shaun Kaufman Law, P.C.
- Current
Family, criminal and civil litigation.
Trial attorney
Attorney in Private Practice
Deputy Public Defender
Colorado Public Defender
Intensive criminal litigation and trials.
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Am Jur award in Constitutional Law, Managing Editor University of Denver Law Review.
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Current
Activities: Attended personal injury litigation seminars
Placeholder image for professional associations.
University of Colorado CeDAR
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. What is the best proof a person can get to bring charges against a person for extortion??
A: The best way to get proof of extortion is to notify police or a private investigator who would monitor and capture the threats issued in support of the extortion attempts. A "pretext" (taped by one side) call is one option, so long as the person extorting you is in Colorado, because some states do not allow you to tape calls without notifying the other party. However...this is not Colorado. I have extensive experience working as an investigator, and it is not always easy to persuade the police to file charges. Retain counsel, and have them conduct the investigation for you, if the police won't help.

Shaun Kaufman, 720-435-4686
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
PO Box 12159
Denver, CO 80212
Telephone: (720) 435-4686